Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Just now, dudacek said:

I’m starting to think the Wild are the stalking horse bid the Sabres (and now Eichel’s camp) are using to drive up the bids.

Kaprizov demanding a center really changed the dynamic for Minnesota 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Nah man you are.   I've learned a ton from your posts.  I'm sure you're a super guy but there's just some snark mixed in where I wish you'd cut some slack sometimes. 

I’ll keep it in mind.  I’m probably not going to cut anyone more slack, but I’ll keep an eye on the snark.

Don't take me too harshly.  I very rarely take this too seriously.  It’s talk about a hockey team.  If I disagree I’ll say so.  If someone has facts wrong I’ll say so.  But my blood is never boiling over here.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

I’ll keep it in mind.  I’m probably not going to cut anyone more slack, but I’ll keep an eye on the snark.

Don't take me too harshly.  I very rarely take this too seriously.  It’s talk about a hockey team.  If I disagree I’ll say so.  If someone has facts wrong I’ll say so.  But my blood is never boiling over here.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Me neither...

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Again, iirc, there were quotes around at the time that Hayes was helping to steer Vesey away from Boston and abuffslo and Chicago and to the Rags. I don't know why, but it was a topic of discussion at the time and I find it interesting that Jimmy Hayes name has popped up again in reference to steering a player toward New York, or at least out of Buffalo.

Jimmy’s brother Kevin Hayes played for Rangers.

Did he really steer Vesey away from Boston?  Jimmy Hayes was playing for Boston at the time that Vesey entered the league.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Kaprizov demanding a center really changed the dynamic for Minnesota 

I wonder at what point the Wild really starts to wonder about signing Kaprizov long term?  It sounds like he really only wants a short 3 year deal.  Getting Eichel would help get him a center that can match his skill.

It's not very likely but the Wild could consider a trade with the Rangers, send him to play with Panarin and get the package back that they need to move forward.  It's doubtful that they will get fair value but his value is very high today.

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Will never see that type of trade ever again that was such a historic day 

“We’ve never seen something like this.”

”Yes we have.”

”We will never see something like this again.”

53 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’m starting to think the Wild are the stalking horse bid the Sabres (and now Eichel’s camp) are using to drive up the bids.

Me too. Financially Eichel makes no sense for Minnesota.