Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

9 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

So I guess that neck surgery wasn't required after all.

I wonder if,.. Eichel has progressed significantly on the injury front and in turn his opinion of the team has changed which will then lead to a change of heart and Jack staying to lead the team towards their long awaited Stanley Cup victory after trading both Reinhart and Risto for contributing pieces?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Norcal said:

I wonder if,.. Eichel has progressed significantly on the injury front and in turn his opinion of the team has changed which will then lead to a change of heart and Jack staying to lead the team towards their long awaited Stanley Cup victory after trading both Reinhart and Risto for contributing pieces?

Samson and Risto for McDavid confirmed 

• Haha (+1) 1

Do wonder though what could happen if the Sabres doctors are proven right on their treatment and Eichel returns to full health without surgery. 🤔

Can the relationship be repaired or is it too far gone?

Just now, Shmuffalo said:

Samson and Risto for McDavid confirmed 

Really?? Link 👍

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not reading too much into that quote other than that his agent is helping him out.

Jack wants a trade.  Trade progress seems to be getting held up over the injury concerns.  So his agent is working in his interests to put it out there that he feels great, to try to get trade juices flowing again.

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I don't think it's quite that rosy but I could see a scenario kind of like that playing out.

35 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Do wonder though what could happen if the Sabres doctors are proven right on their treatment and Eichel returns to full health without surgery. 🤔

Can the relationship be repaired or is it too far gone?

I don't think the relationship was trashed to begin with.  The negativity coming from Eichel might be driven by two (and only two) things:  The injury and losing.  If his primary goal is to be able to play winning hockey, and his neck is fine, he won't be mad about the treatment recommendations by Sabres staff.  And if he stays and you basically mix a healthy Eichel in place of a Reino that played well but hadn't played 1C in the NHL previously, the Sabres could conceivably play some of that there winning hockey.  If all that comes to pass, and they were the cause of his frustration, his attitude could be fine by the end of October.

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I don't think the relationship was trashed to begin with.  The negativity coming from Eichel might be driven by two (and only two) things:  The injury and losing.  If his primary goal is to be able to play winning hockey, and his neck is fine, he won't be mad about the treatment recommendations by Sabres staff.  And if he stays and you basically mix a healthy Eichel in place of a Reino that played well but hadn't played 1C in the NHL previously, the Sabres could conceivably play some of that there winning hockey.  If all that comes to pass, and they were the cause of his frustration, his attitude could be fine by the end of October.

I keep thinking the relationship isn’t trashed either but then my mind goes back to the coach, GM and team through various forms of media refusing to acknowledge the Jack Eichel exists.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I would welcome Jack back with open arms if the return is a healthy, happy Jack playing to his potential with possibly, depending on the moves made and not made, the best supporting cast he's ever had.

That might be my pipe dream but when I smoke it, it makes me happy. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Why? 

If teams are serious the deal would be done already today obviously top  Prospect are  Off limits which I think is a joke but what ever .

I wouldn't trade jack for the 3rd overall pick + if Zegras isn't  involved 

We might just have to let him play this year so people can see he's fine 

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

If teams are serious the deal would be done already today obviously top  Prospect are  Off limits which I think is a joke but what ever .

There is literally no way you can know that this is true. What is so special about 5 o'clock versus 4 or 6?

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Big trades often happen right at the draft or at least on draft day.  Just because nothing happened immediately after the roster freeze lifted doesn’t mean nothing will happen a couple hours from now, or tomorrow morning, or during the draft itself.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Humor Boomer GIF

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Humor Boomer GIF

How doesn't it work that way ? Pretty easy he's healthy he gets any package not healthy he gets ***** that is ROR level 

39 minutes ago, Curt said:

Big trades often happen right at the draft or at least on draft day.  Just because nothing happened immediately after the roster freeze lifted doesn’t mean nothing will happen a couple hours from now, or tomorrow morning, or during the draft itself.

When has a trade this big happen  at the draft ? The last one we did was after the draft 

16 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

When has a trade this big happen  at the draft ? The last one we did was after the draft 

We acquired ROR … on the morning of the draft. We acquired Robin Lehner … on the morning of the draft.

Cory Schneider to the Devils - draft day.

Jeff Carter to the Blue Jackets? Late night before the draft.

I could do this for a while. There’s some really obvious ones I missed here.

It’s becoming clear this is all new to you which is fine so feel free to ask genuine questions.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

We acquired ROR … on the morning of the draft. We acquired Robin Lehner … on the morning of the draft.

Cory Schneider to the Devils - draft day.

Jeff Carter to the Blue Jackets? Late night before the draft.

I could do this for a while. There’s some really obvious ones I missed here.

It’s becoming clear this is all new to you which is fine so feel free to ask genuine questions.

Those are not comparables for jack eichel a player like him has never been traded on a draft day 

I feel it's a  2 months into the season if he's healthy trade

27 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

How doesn't it work that way ? Pretty easy he's healthy he gets any package not healthy he gets ***** that is ROR level 

So easy. The easiest. 

Breath, there's time b4 the draft and all the offseason after it. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

A trade this big?  So whatever I list, are you just going to say that it’s not as big as an Eichel trade?

EDIT:  @Hoss Ok, I see the answer.

I honestly started making a list of the big trades that have happened on draft day over the past 5-10 years.  But if you are disputing that draft day is  one of the biggest trade days on the NHL calendar, am I just wasting my time?

Edited by Curt

1 minute ago, Curt said:

A trade this big?  So whatever I list, are you just going to say that it’s not as big as an Eichel trade?

I honestly started making a list of the big trades that have happened on draft day over the past 5-10 years.  But if you are disputing that draft day is  one of the biggest trade days on the NHL calendar, am I just wasting my time?

Yes

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

What player is comparable to jack on a draft trade .

Probably the most likely person to leave is Sam Reinhart on draft day