Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

He's back to training, there was a clip about a month ago of it. He was fully cleared in April I think. My understanding is once the heart inflammation goes away, you're all set. 

I would have concerns long term about his covid situation, plus he missed a full year of training, who knows how far behind he is now?  we are also hypothesising how good he is going to be, We already know what Jack is.  Rossi will be lucky to reach 80% of what Jack is at full health.  

I need Boldy to be part of that deal, if not the centerpiece  

2 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

I would have concerns long term about his covid situation, plus he missed a full year of training, who knows how far behind he is now?  we are also hypothesising how good he is going to be, We already know what Jack is.  Rossi will be lucky to reach 80% of what Jack is at full health.  

I need Boldy to be part of that deal, if not the centerpiece  

Boldy and Fiala are must gets if we trade with Minnesota, I think Kahkonen could be had too so long Seattle doesn't take him. Toss in a 1st rounder in 2021 and maybe another mid round pick on 2022.

46 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Boldy and Fiala are must gets if we trade with Minnesota, I think Kahkonen could be had too so long Seattle doesn't take him. Toss in a 1st rounder in 2021 and maybe another mid round pick on 2022.

Why Fiala in particular?

As opposed to other pieces from Minny.

Edited by Curt

Just now, Hoss said:

He’s a young forward who has produced at the NHL level already (he’s not a must for me but I see the immediate appeal).

I see the appeal too, but I don’t see why he is a must get compared to other possible pieces.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I see the appeal too, but I don’t see why he is a must get compared to other possible pieces.

He's a top 6 forward that still improving toss in Minny likely needs to let him go to get Eichel and stay under the cap. I mean I get people liking Rossi but he's small and unproven but I want a NHL player back for Eichel and see Fiala the best option.

https://theathletic.com/2718771/2021/07/20/russo-wild-gm-not-frightened-by-khl-threat-with-kirill-kaprizov-plus-jack-eichel-trade-talk/?source=emp_shared_article

But as of this very moment – and things can change in a hurry this time of year – the cost continues to be astronomical.

Unless the price comes down significantly, it’s hard to buy that the Wild would decimate the franchise in order to add a $10 million a year center who continues to rehabilitate a serious neck injury.

As The Athletic reported last month, Sabres GM Kevyn Adams’ initial ask from the Wild was believed to be all futures, meaning top prospects Marco Rossi and Matt Boldy and multiple first-round picks.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I wouldn't worry about Rossi's size

Is there much of a difference between Rossi and Zegras? I realize that Zegras is more ready now but when Rossi gets to the NHL will he be in the same talent range as Zegras. 

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Yeah.  I think he potentially is.

I'm starting to believe that Minnesota might be the team that Adams works out a Jack deal with. They got some nice young pieces in their portfolio. 

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Is there much of a difference between Rossi and Zegras? I realize that Zegras is more ready now but when Rossi gets to the NHL will he be in the same talent range as Zegras. 

I'm starting to believe that Minnesota might be the team that Adams works out a Jack deal with. They got some nice young pieces in their portfolio. 

The difference between Zegras and Rossi is a severe case of Covid. We don’t know how that effects Rossi long term but if he is over it and healthy I think his peak NHL years will be as good or better then Zegras. Zegras is an offensive star while Rossi plays well all over the ice, 200 feet if you will.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Digger said:

Rumors in general are very exciting for us as fans because it gives us something to talk about, debate, weigh the pros and cons of potential trades, etc. but I have to wonder why any information ever comes out ahead of a trade.  

I can't imagine being in the front office of the Sabres and going home at night and feeling that I have to leak information about how bad a trade offer is or how good an offer is.  These rumors are being used to help condition us as fans to not get our hopes too high.  Teams wanting to trade for Eichel purposely leak that they won't trade their best prospects.  Why?  To keep their fans happy, maybe to keep their top prospect happy (if they listen to rumors) and hopefully to win the public opinion battle that it's okay to make the trade without getting back A+ prospects or that it's the best deal available.

I love the rumors but I just figure we need to understand that they are being leaked with an intent to influence the fans not the GM's.  That's my opinion.  We should listen to them but not get too high or low until the trade actually happens.

Very well said 

21 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There is a difference between them, in that they are different types of players.  Zegras with higher offensive upside, Rossi more of an all around game.

At the time they were drafted they were probably viewed as similar quality of prospects, but right now Zegras has definitely proven more at higher levels.  At this moment I’d say Zegras is a more valuable asset.

I agree that Wild could be a very good trade partner if they truly have the interest.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

The difference between Zegras and Rossi is a severe case of Covid. We don’t know how that effects Rossi long term but if he is over it and healthy I think his peak NHL years will be as good or better then Zegras. Zegras is an offensive star while Rossi plays well all over the ice, 200 feet if you will.

Whether we are talking about one or the other as targets for trades these two players represent the caliber of young talent that we need to get back in return. In a Jack, Samson and Risto deal it is critical that we get back at least three to four  upper-tier young players back. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Whether we are talking about one or the other as targets for trades these two players represent the caliber of young talent that we need to get back in return. In a Jack, Samson and Risto deal it is critical that we get back at least three to four  upper-tier young players back. 

Well said.  This is critical to me to keep this team moving forward and not taking a huge step backwards.  I think losing Eichel and Reinhart will be a step back but if we can get A+ prospects that can step into our lineup we can recover quickly and become a respectable team again.

• Like (+1) 1

I saw an interesting Eichel trade, I'm not sure who the guy was in the hockey world as I caught the tail end of it but it was C Jack Eichel and the #1 overall pick to the Anaheim Duck for Trevor Zegras, D Jamie Drysdale and the #3 overall pick. We get a top prospect on both offense and defense and could go in either direction.... F, G or D with that pick. Hughes/Eklund top G prospect. I'm sure it's just that guys opinion but I think this looks fair on both sides, how about you all? 

• Like (+1) 2