Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Just now, Thorny said:

No one seems to talk about Rossi on the level of your Zegras, Byfield, Lafreniere..not even the NBD guy laying down the rumors. In your opinion is the health prognosis still a big concern? So much of what I remember about Rossi's stats heading into the draft illustrated the idea he was right in that top tier. If you add Boldy to the mix..I wonder what KA is waiting for if that's on the table: the Rangres aren't going to beat it.  

Rossi had heart inflammation from Covid and that his gone. Unless there's something we do not know, I have no concerns. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Rossi had heart inflammation from Covid and that his gone. Unless there's something we do not know, I have no concerns. 

I'm envisioning a Sabres war room where Karmanos and Ventura are animatedly trying to convince Adams to dig past his notes on Quinn and Matt Irwin to the ones Botterill had buried underneath on Rossi. 

• Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Reino's gf moving to Vancouver means nothing.  It's an off-season home.

I know, but this guy has a habit of posting (mostly) garbage that really doesn't add anything to the discussion.  Of course, that is only my opinion, but it seems that I am not alone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Minnesota has Rossi and pick 22 which IMPO is enough to swing a deal depending on what else gets added. 

Rossi just missed an entire season due to heart complications from COVID.  seems like a terrible deal IMHO.  If you can't get Boldy, Rossi and Pick 22. hang up the phone

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure whether Friedman’s report is good news or not?

Not that there has been anything confirmed, but the internet seems to think 3OA and Comtois were offered.

If Anaheim has bowed out and it is down to Minnesota and the Rangers, can we assume the leading package now beats that? To me, that would mean at minimum Kakko and Rossi would have to be on the table with a number of pluses, no?

If the offers were never as good as the rumoured Duck offer to begin with, we are in trouble.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Not that there has been anything confirmed, but the internet seems to think 3OA and Comtois were offered.

If Anaheim has bowed out and it is down to Minnesota and the Rangers, can we assume the leading package now beats that? To me, that would mean at minimum Kakko and Rossi would have to be on the table with a number of pluses, no?

If the offers were never as good as the rumoured Duck offer to begin with, we are in trouble.

Im 100% its not good news    At some point the Sabres just have to say, we aren't going to trade him. Both them and Jack will just have to suck it up until he proves his worth once again. 

Prior to the neck injury, there is no way the Sabres are accepting a trade of #3 overall and Zegras for Eichel.  Now, He's not worth even that? get him back to full strength, prove his worth and then make a trade.  

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It would be funny though, for the people who believe that Eichel demanded a trade, for Eichel to get totally dissed by the trade market.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Minnesota has Rossi and pick 22 which IMPO is enough to swing a deal depending on what else gets added. 

Is that all we're getting for Jack friggen Eichel?  A guy who the Sabres passed on and has a serious injury concern and late first in a terrible draft?

3 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Is that all we're getting for Jack friggen Eichel?  A guy who the Sabres passed on and has a serious injury concern and late first in a terrible draft?

First: no that would not be all. 

Second: Rossi was passed on but the front office has changed. Also valuing 1 player over another has no value here. Tervor Zegras was passed on by Buffalo as well in 2019. 

Third: What injury concern? 

Fourth: This is not a terrible draft, if this draft had McDavid or Eichel or Dahlin or Byfield at the top and NO other changes, it would be consider very average in terms of depth and talent. 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Second: Rossi was passed on but the front office has changed. Also valuing 1 player over another has no value here. Tervor Zegras was passed on by Buffalo as well in 2019. 

Fourth: This is not a terrible draft, if this draft had McDavid or Eichel or Dahlin or Byfield at the top and NO other changes, it would be consider very average in terms of depth and talent. 

I'm glad to hear the draft is deeper then I had read about.  I trust your scouting info so ok.  But the heart inflammation due to Covid has to be a concern doesn't it?  Is there proof out there that he's training and playing at a professional level?  There are still many unknowns with Covid and what it can do.  If I'm trading my franchise player I need to get back more then a hope and a prayer. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I'm glad to hear the draft is deeper then I had read about.  I trust your scouting info so ok.  But the heart inflammation due to Covid has to be a concern doesn't it?  Is there proof out there that he's training and playing at a professional level?  There are still many unknowns with Covid and what it can do.  If I'm trading my franchise player I need to get back more then a hope and a prayer. 

He's back to training, there was a clip about a month ago of it. He was fully cleared in April I think. My understanding is once the heart inflammation goes away, you're all set. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Next year's draft is worlds better this one is just a puzzle piece that will help in the future