GDT: Sabres at Pens 3-25-2021. 7PM MSG

spndnchz

Just now, bunomatic said:

Still. Its been a ***** show of a season and this team sucks. And he has sucked. So if someone shows interest of course your ears perk up.

Of course. But earlier in the season, well before 0-16, he said he wanted to re-sign with Buffalo (most likely because RK was still the coach). Now that Ralph is gone, Taylor wants to gtfo dodge. Reporter was just asking because of the NTC, and the fact that Hall previously wanted to stay in Buffalo. He ain't gonna garner much more than a 2nd rounder IMO. He has shown his true colors since coming here. He's lazy as ***** and knew he could get away with it under Ralph. He doesn't wanna "work hard for the money". 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, stenbaro said:

I would trade any player on this team for a clone of Varada,  or J.P. Dumont. The best part of this team is the two goalposts our goalie is in between for Christ sake. 

Vaclav Varada! I nicknamed him "The Human Missle" Hahaha Dude was flying out there hammering opponents. Buffalo hasn't had that type of player in forever!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Ray isn't always as bad, but man does it get irritating when Dan goes out of his way to paint a picture that the Sabres are just unfortunate victims of circumstance rather than sucking. He calls the game this way 

Rick's always been accused of being a homer, and when it comes to going over the top when the Sabres do something good, guilty as charged. But he's never done two things: disrespect an opponent's goal by not calling it and treat us like idiots by trying to pull the wool over our eyes when it comes to the Sabres. These are the true markers of a homer announcer.

4 minutes ago, Hawerchuk said:

Vaclav Varada! I nicknamed him "The Human Missle" Hahaha Dude was flying out there hammering opponents. Buffalo hasn't had that type of player in forever!

Mine was the V2 Bomber.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

1 assist in the last 8 games. That's called stepping up Sabres style. 

He has 5g and 2a since the losing streak began. 

He's not stepping up, but neither is anyone else. The entire team sucks. Reinhart sucks slightly less, he's like the diet coke of suck on this team. We should probably worry about the full calorie sucks first. 

Hall 1g 5a

Olofsson 2g 5a

Staal 0g 3a

Skinner 3g 0a

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He's not stepping up, but neither is anyone else. The entire team sucks. Reinhart sucks slightly less, he's like the diet coke of suck on this team. We should probably worry about the full calorie sucks first. 

Hall 1g 5a

Olofsson 2g 5a

Staal 0g 3a

Skinner 3g 0a

The worst part of your comment is that for Skinner this season, this is an improvement.

I’m gonna say this again because I have been saying this for a very long time. This team needs to really hire a top notch scouting department. They need to identify players in all rounds that can play in the nhl. No major free agent is gonna sign in Buffalo unless he’s highly overpaid or he is on something. The organization is lost and let’s face it folks Buffalo isn’t an attractive place to play, it just isn’t. The Pegula’s have no clue to what they are doing. How can you lose so many games and be right up against the cap. Even Ottawa for all the ***** that GM has taken is better then this Sabres team. 

17 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Who would not want out of this disaster?

^ This

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

Reinhart has actually been pretty solid through this ***** show if you look at the advanced stats. 

Hall not so much.  

Advanced stats?  He has led them to 0 victories in this streak. Has not made a difference.  And Hall’s play is shameful.  He is collecting a big check for nothing.  

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Advanced stats?  He has led them to 0 victories in this streak. Has not made a difference.  And Hall’s play is shameful.  He is collecting a big check for nothing.  

Neither has 10 mil. Eichel

Neither has 9 mil. Skinner

Neither has 8 mil. Hall

Neither has 6 mil. Okposo

Neither has 5.4 mil. Risto

Neither has 3.2 mil. “Awesome vet” Staal

get outta here with that “led” crap. Hockey is a team sport. Very few single individuals lead a team to victories night after night. It’s a team effort 100% of the time. Without the team surrounding an individual doing well, a player with high skill (let alone generational talent) can’t lead a team to enough victories for it to matter. You disparage one player for not leading, you include them all in that insult or none of them. I have always hated Staal. He can go to H E double hockey sticks. Trade his ass ASAP for all I care.

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hawerchuk said:

As a whole the Sabres are winning the battle of hits in almost every game.  Risto may not be Vasclav Varada, but the bone jarring check on Crosby tonight I'm sure got the attention of the Pens HC and the entire Penguin Hockey team.  Its one of the reasons I'm not buying into the notion its a team just going through the motions. Its a team out of sync IMO.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Hall 1g 5a

Olofsson 2g 5a

Staal 0g 3a

Skinner 3g 0a

There's no question he's not doing worse than many of the other freeloaders on the roster but saying he doesn't suck any worse than others isn't the same as saying look how he stepped up and filled the void when the captain went down. This has been my point for quite a while. There is absolutely zero leadership from the core and thus, the core has to go. There is no alternative for future success. 

8 hours ago, Nitro60 said:

I would take a used Zamboni for him.  His play this season is poor.  When he leaves it will be a case of addition by subtraction

No it’s not. Let’s not continue this false narrative. Sabres fans are practically equally to blame for the state of this franchise as we insist on driving away talented players with this logic.

6 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Of course. But earlier in the season, well before 0-16, he said he wanted to re-sign with Buffalo (most likely because RK was still the coach). Now that Ralph is gone, Taylor wants to gtfo dodge. Reporter was just asking because of the NTC, and the fact that Hall previously wanted to stay in Buffalo. He ain't gonna garner much more than a 2nd rounder IMO. He has shown his true colors since coming here. He's lazy as ***** and knew he could get away with it under Ralph. He doesn't wanna "work hard for the money". 

Now, after the losing streak, they are soundly out of the playoffs.  There is no glimmer of hope left.  So, he could get traded to a team that's in the playoff hunt, and then re-sign with Buffalo in the off-season.  I'm not saying we should or that I actually think he would want to, but Taylor saying he would listen now doesn't necessarily mean that he's changed his mind about wanting to be here next season.  There's just no reason (we can safely rule out the 8-year option) anymore for him to not accept a trade to a contender, regardless of what he wants to do next season.  He also more like to produce on a better team over the rest of this season, which would up his value with any team he signs with this summer.

Plus, earlier in the season, there weren't trade offers coming in to even consider.  There was no way he was going to say that he didn't want to stay on the team that he was going to play with for at least a while, just because they had a slow start.  It's much worse now and the trade deadline is fast approaching.  Totally different situation.

Good to see the boys really elevated their play with their "boss" behind the bench! Anyways anyone see the highlights from Laughs/Sens where they show the Sens GM up in the pressbox when the laughs score to beat the Sens 3-2 in OT...he actually shows emotion and throws his drink away in anger that his team lost! Yes even the Sens are playing hard and with so much heart and it is somewhat easier to accept losing if you give it your all and play like they do. Then of course we have the Sabres...who seem to play with absolutely no heart or determination. I could find this a little  easier if I thought they were giving their all and were playing like the Sens do. Everyone predicted the Sens would suck this year and many (including I ) thought the Sabres had what may be their most talented team in many years and looked forward to the year. I never dreamed the two teams would be exact opposite...other team stalk now of how they do not like playing against Ottawa as they are so hard to play against. Us Sabre fans can only dream of other teams sayign that about us...

1 hour ago, Trettioåtta said:

No it’s not. Let’s not continue this false narrative. Sabres fans are practically equally to blame for the state of this franchise as we insist on driving away talented players with this logic.

I would hope a good GM does not trade a player away because we fans don't like the player. Think you overstated that by saying fans equally to blame. I understand the sentiment that we the fans can get on certain players but that's every fan base there is. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.