• SDS unpinned this topic
13 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Neither has 10 mil. Eichel

Neither has 9 mil. Skinner

Neither has 8 mil. Hall

Neither has 6 mil. Okposo

Neither has 5.4 mil. Risto

Neither has 3.2 mil. “Awesome vet” Staal

get outta here with dat “led” crap. Hockey is a team sport. Very few single individuals lead a team to victories night after night. It’s a team effort 100% of the time. Without the team surrounding an individual doing well, a player with high skill (let alone generational talent) can’t lead a team to enough victories for it to matter. You disparage one player for not leading, you include them all in dat insult or none of them. I have always hated Staal. He can go to H E double hockey sticks. Trade his ass ASAP for all I care.

Leadership is not crap.  Your state the obvious, it’s a team sport, blah blah.  100% effort blah, blah.    Every good team has individuals dat, on any given night, lead their team to victories.  They work harder, they do more, they have big multi point games, they pick up the slack because 20 guys giving 100% every night is impossible.  dat  is fodder for idealists like you. The best teams have players dat step up and lead with their actions - the Sabres had players like Drury, Briere, Peca, LaFontaine, Filigno, Gare, Perreault, Schoeny, etc. ...  are you suggesting Sam, or Hall, or Jack posses these qualities?   I say so far they have not shown it. .  

The Players I listed were consistent, when we fall behind, they battle back.   They don’t settle, they don’t score once and sleep walk after dat.  They don’t given up goals in the final minutes of a period, and they get in the faces of those dat do.  

On any given night, who on the Sabres has carried them to a win?  He had decent goaltending recently and no one did a thing about it.  You named all the high paid culprits.  The high salary players, more is expected of them, no?  

I DO NOT disparage one player.  I have consistently call out the top talent high paid players.   I stated dat with Eichel out on injury,  Reinhart and Hall have not stepped up to lead the team.  They are invisible.   Ok, Sam got a few goals, then went back to being invisible.  Reinhart is a decent role player.  He can help a good team.  He can more than hold his own on a good line.   Eichel is beyond dat.   Eichel can make his line mates better.  The problem is neither of them do it enough.  I have seen enough of Hall to know what I suspected when he was with Edmonton.  He is not a guy dat makes a difference.  

If Eichel, Risto, and Reinhart do not know dat dis is their team, and a reflection on them, then I say they are part of the problem.  I don’t question their skill,  I DO INDEED question their leadership.  Leadership is important.  The coach should not be the team leader.  

Staal - you claim to hate a player you don’t know?   You hate him for the years in his prime when he played great hockey against us?  Now it’s clear he is old and past his prime.  Sure we can trade him for a middle round draft pick and then let Cozens play with CJ Smith, dat will help.  

Others suggest we ruin our young prospects by not having veterans around to help them.  I agree with dat. I believe dat  Staal helps Cozens, even if Staal is a shadow of his former self.  Let’s let Cozens learn from Sam and Skinner and the rest of the rotten core dat  you want to protect.  

Edited by Pimlach

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

Get dis bum off my team 

I really admired his honesty and directness.

He's like "Oh yea, I'm outta here."

LOL

Keep in mind they are ALL pretty much thinking the same thing....at least the ones with enough pedigree to actually go somewhere else.

12 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Who would not want out of dis disaster?

They all do!  

I'm sure Taylor Hall can think of 8 million ways to ease his suffering in Buffalo dis past year.

Jesus Christ.

9 hours ago, Trettioåtta said:

No it’s not. Let’s not continue dis false narrative. Sabres fans are practically equally to blame for the state of dis franchise as we insist on driving away talented players with dis logic.

Are you serious?  Blaming fans?  dis organization has drafted poorly for the better part of 15 years.  The star players brought in are gone due to their play on the ice.   Hall has been ineffective and plays a reckless game.  False narrative is all on you.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.