Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

Watching the Rangers/Bruins game this morning and the Rangers broadcast crew reminded viewers the Bruins have not played the Sabres once.  So if there was a thought about them not being top four in the division, you must consider they will probably win all eight games.  Stings, just a little bit. 
robert de niro snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

Watching highlights from last night and all I can think of is how great the wild jerseys look

Love the jerseys but they were hard to watch at first 👀

51 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Watching the Rangers/Bruins game this morning and the Rangers broadcast crew reminded viewers the Bruins have not played the Sabres once.  So if there was a thought about them not being top four in the division, you must consider they will probably win all eight games.  Stings, just a little bit. 

I would give my left nut for a sweep of these ***** this year! Hate the chowdaheads!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Another real organization fired their coach mid-season in Calgary.  Ward is dumped and replaced by Sutter.  Apparently in Canada it’s ok to fire bad coaches mid-season.  

Somehow Rasputin keeps hanging on.  The team record for consecutive losses in 14 during the Tank.  No other Sabres team is over 9 until now.  2-13-2 in the last 17 and Rasputin keeps hanging on.  Season ticket flocking away from going to the games yet somehow Rasputin keeps hanging on.  Media in Buffalo and around the NHL call the Sabres a laughing stock, yet Rasputin keeps his job.  Rasputin lies to the media and still keeps his job.  His team can’t score at all and still he keeps his job.  Nearly the entire roster of players are having career worst years and Rasputin is still behind the bench.  This team has the worst analytics in the NHL but Rasputin endures.  The GM, who doesn’t think we have a goaltending problem and states he has the power to fire Rasputin, somehow doesn’t act to fix either issue.

Honestly Kim P fire them both and move on.  This time hire real hockey players, coaches and management. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Watching that game though the Bruins didn't look much better than us. Rangers totally outplayed them. Bruins have been shut out by Rangers, Islanders, and NJ. They have serious offensive issues.  They'll probably beat us 1-0 but they're not the big bad Bruins right now for sure. 

How has everyone felt about the NHL schedule this season?  It’s been way too condensed, but I’ve really liked the back to backs in the same city.  I think it’s fun and it lessens travels.   I was listening to Friedman and he was saying he thought they were here to stay.  The players really like them.  I think keeping them would be an improvement.  I hope they stick around.

2 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

David Amber described the Sabres as a “tire fire” on HNIC last night.  When one of the nicest Canadian broadcasters says this about your organization, um you got problems bro. 
embarrassing GIF

Everyone is pointing out the obvious, but none of them are suggesting solutions. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

How has everyone felt about the NHL schedule this season?  It’s been way too condensed, but I’ve really liked the back to backs in the same city.  I think it’s fun and it lessens travels.   I was listening to Friedman and he was saying he thought they were here to stay.  The players really like them.  I think keeping them would be an improvement.  I hope they stick around.

I like them, too. I'm not sure if they'll do 2 games against other conferences or whether I'll buy two sets of tickets when the Sabres make it to Seattle or Vancouver next -- probably still just the one game -- but it is a cool idea all around. Big, fun weekends. And some animosity to build up from one game to the next.