Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

Wow, Puljujarvi turned into a useful player?  He just played the "big guy in front of the net" role really well to score his 8th.

Looks like he had a decent season a couple years ago, but a bad one last year.

8 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Wow, Puljujarvi turned into a useful player?  He just played the "big guy in front of the net" role really well to score his 8th.

Looks like he had a decent season a couple years ago, but a bad one last year.

Yeah, prospect development isn’t always linear, it’s bumpy sometimes.  I think we are seeing now a similar jump with Mittelstadt.  He’s looking pretty decent after looking like the same poo for 2 years straight.  And we are seeing a dip with Dahlin and Jokiharju right now.  They should rebound.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Anyone watching the Rangers - Flyers game tonight? Did Ralph already hook up with the Flyers?

Flyers said, hold my beer 🍺

Zibanajed with the natural hat trick in the second 

Georgiev made some  unbelievable saves 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Fresh off a 5 game benching..

Kahun scores his 5th off a beautiful assist from Draisaitl

Flames woke

I just turned on Battle of Alberta a few minutes before end of 2nd period.

I see good guys are up 3-1.

Liam McHugh says hard hitting night around the league with LA and Vegas highlights coming.

You forget that Sabres hockey is just Sabres hockey some times.  It's not nearly so bad around the rest of the league.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

I just turned on Battle of Alberta a few minutes before end of 2nd period.

I see good guys are up 3-1.

Liam McHugh says hard hitting night around the league with LA and Vegas highlights coming.

You forget that Sabres hockey is just Sabres hockey some times.  It's not nearly so bad around the rest of the league.

I know. That's why I started watching more. I miss good hockey and the league is full of fun players to watch. Just not in Buffalo currently. 

Love the Kings purple jerseys 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Anyone watching the Rangers - Flyers game tonight? Did Ralph already hook up with the Flyers?

No matter how bad the Sabres are, I always can take pleasure in the Flyers losing by nine.  Even to the Rags.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 6

12 hours ago, Eleven said:

No matter how bad the Sabres are, I always can take pleasure in the Flyers losing by nine.  Even to the Rags.

crazy to think Rangers can score 9 on Philly when we can't score that many in like nine games! Last I heard Panarin isn't even playing! Crazy

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

Laffs lost 6 of last 7. No firings yet? 

Sutter has won 4 of 5 so far in his return to Calgary. That new coach energy still flowing. 

Look what hiring Joe Quenville did for the Florida Panthers. Hope KA takes what hiring a successful experienced HC can do for a team.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 4

10 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Look what hiring Joe Quenville did for the Florida Panthers. Hope KA takes what hiring a successful experienced HC can do for a team.

totally agree...still hear talk of hiring guy from College with no NHL experience may happen...if they do not go after an experienced guy this time (and also a President like Rutherford) I totally give up. There is no excuse when you have great coaches like Boubreau & Gallant availalble along with Rutherford. I also hear that we may hire some guy from Pittsburg who was Rutherford's assistant GM...isn't that what exGMJBotto was too? No thanks to that

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabre fan said:

totally agree...still hear talk of hiring guy from College with no NHL experience may happen...if they do not go after an experienced guy this time (and also a President like Rutherford) I totally give up. There is no excuse when you have great coaches like Boubreau & Gallant availalble along with Rutherford. I also hear that we may hire some guy from Pittsburg who was Rutherford's assistant GM...isn't that what exGMJBotto was too? No thanks to that

They aren't getting a president.