Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Hawks fans seem to be enjoying Brandon Hagel. Why is he no longer in our organization?

Because according to Botterill no later-round CHL player could possibly be worth signing.

Every thread *does* become a GM thread lol 

Edited by Thorny

Watching Devils Flyers last night and Brian Boucher referred to the Sabres as the "lowly Buffalo Sabres", pointing to the schedule and counting future Flyers games vs the Sabres as automatic wins.

I'm not surprised or mad, I actually laughed out loud, but I do hope the Pegulas know what their leadership has done to this organization.

This team, atleast among the hockey community, has zero respect right now and it sucks!! 

He also pointed out that Boston has several games/wins remaining vs the Sabres which would make it harder for Philly to make the playoffs. 

Do these comments just reaffirm the thought that Buffalo needs to hire a respected coach? 

Does the fact that they made a change to interim mean anything? At all? 

I look forward to the day that the Buffalo Sabres earn back their respect!! 

Tonight's broadcast team features Boucher too, it'll be interesting to see if he goes all in.

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

here is Ottawa GM Dorion after Laughs scored in OT to beat Sens 3-2...imagine dat kind of emotion from a Sabre excec? Or  a player for dat matter...

Botterill did similar things, if my memory is correct,

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/25/2021 at 4:34 AM, Sabre fan said:

In other news Ottawa won again...they are playing with heart and determination something the Sabres know nothing about...

Yup. dat's the rebuild model I've been pointing to all year. Tear it all down (they were a mess), rebuild the culture first, then add the talent into dat culture. 

Ottawa still lacks the talent to win many nights but they work hard, they stand up for each other, they don't quit, they are a team. dat's the start of good things in the future. 

Edited by PerreaultForever
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Sabre fan said:

here is Ottawa GM Dorion after Laughs scored in OT to beat Sens 3-2...imagine dat kind of emotion from a Sabre excec? Or  a player for dat matter...

dat would be a no no with Kim.  dis would not be PSE tolerated behavior.  More kumbaya, less throwing 1/2 cups of beer.  

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Norcal said:

Uh oh. Sutter and Calgary 1-4 in the last 5. New coach smell wore off quick. 

1-5 now.

Hopefully 1-6 after tomorrow night.

Lucic is a goon and should get suspended for a hit on Appleton tonight.

• Like (+1) 2