Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

If the Bills win the next one will they then be viewed as good, or lucky, or both?

I don't follow them very closely anymore, but it looks from my limited perspective that they are pretty good, have been pretty lucky, but still have moments of great fan frustration.

We are objectively good. We should have won all 3 of our first games and honestly we did it in exactly the way this team is built

We're a playoff contender, but not a super bowl contender. Really there's only 4-5 teams that are, and even in that group there's 3 that stand out

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, WildCard said:

We are objectively good. We should have won all 3 of our first games and honestly we did it in exactly the way this team is built

We're a playoff contender, but not a super bowl contender. Really there's only 4-5 teams that are, and even in that group there's 3 that stand out

Do you think they have a real chance to best the Patriots? 

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Do you think they have a real chance to best the Patriots? 

They do yeah. 15% maybe? The Pats are even better than ever, if that was possible, and they have their best defense in over a decade; Allen needs to play much better to win this game

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

They do yeah. 15% maybe? The Pats are even better than ever, if that was possible, and they have their best defense in over a decade; Allen needs to play much better to win this game

So, you're telling me there's a chance, eh?

(insert some stupid thing here)

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
I don't type very goodly ... damn phone
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

If the Bills win the next one will they then be viewed as good, or lucky, or both?

I don't follow them very closely anymore, but it looks from my limited perspective that they are pretty good, have been pretty lucky, but still have moments of great fan frustration.

Why do I get the feeling this is going to be summation of the Josh Allen era?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, WildCard said:

Way to set yourself up for disappointment. I think there's a 15% chance the game is competitive in the 4th quarter, let alone winning. 

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

Way to set yourself up for disappointment. I think there's a 15% chance the game is competitive in the 4th quarter, let alone winning. 

The lady's dad is coming in to town to watch it with us. Him and her, both from Boston, are obviously massive Pats fans. Thoughts and prayers appreciated 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The Pats will probably win, but maybe not.  Sooner or later, every dog has its day.

And if it's close in the 2nd half, and the Bills sack Brady on 3rd down, or lay a big hit on someone to force a fumble or an interception, or score to tie the game or get within 3 -- at that moment in time, there will be no place on earth as awesome to be as the Ralph.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

The Pats will probably win, but maybe not.  Sooner or later, every dog has its day.

And if it's close in the 2nd half, and the Bills sack Brady on 3rd down, or lay a big hit on someone to force a fumble or an interception, or score to tie the game or get within 3 -- at that moment in time, there will be no place on earth as awesome to be as the Ralph.

If they were somehow to find a way to beat the Pats, the goal posts are coming down.  I was there the last two times (and only two times that happened to my knowledge.).  

That is all..

Going back on mute.

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

The best moment I've ever had at the stadium:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/wk3-can-t-miss-play-florence-pick-six-5902491

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

8 years ago to the day. What a game. The last one I attended, I believe.

And the last time we beat Brady in a meaningful game before that? 2003, ie 8 Septembers before THAT game. 

We're due! 

Also, it is stunning how dreadful the video player is on the Bills' site. It is simply impossible to watch anything there.

28 minutes ago, Lanny said:

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

8 years ago to the day. What a game. The last one I attended, I believe.

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

And the last time we beat Brady in a meaningful game before that? 2003, ie 8 Septembers before THAT game. 

We're due! 

Also, it is stunning how dreadful the video player is on the Bills' site. It is simply impossible to watch anything there.

The Cheatriots are far more beatable in September than they are later in the year.  They're missing their FB and the WRs are banged up, including Edelman.  If White can shut down Gordon, they've got a shot.

Wouldn't put money on the Bills, and it is a monumental task to win this week, but it is possible.  Charlie's 15% chance seems about right.

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

Man everyone is about to get a swift kick in the nuts

By what? I don't think most people think we're actually going to win this game. And going into it at 3-0 makes it as un-stressful as possible. 

All that article tells me is that underlying metrics actually favor this bills team more than hot start teams of the past