Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

Ken Hitchcock to his new team:

“I told the players today that I can get them to a place they can’t get to themselves. But they have to buy in and it’s not going to be comfortable at times.”

Mark SpectorVerified account @SportsnetSpec 46m46 minutes ago

Prediction: If the Hitchcock hire takes in EDM, McDavid will accumulate less points, but become a better all around player. Team will win more games, but McDavid may win less Art Ross Trophies.

My prediction is, Hitch wins another Stanley Cup.

56 minutes ago, Weave said:

Ken Hitchcock to his new team:

My prediction is, Hitch wins another Stanley Cup.

For the record it seems like this might be a one-season marriage for Hitch and the Oilers, so it might need to happen this year.

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

big trade possibly going down in St Louis. It could involve nylander from Toronto

Have to move some money to make the deal work.. more than either Pietrangelo or Parayko alone.  At least if they intend to sign him... 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I didn't think the grim reaper slayed people. I thought the reaper just told you you're dead.

What did you think the scythe is for?  Why do you think he's called a grim "reaper" instead of a grim "announcer" (perhaps Jack Edwards?)?

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What did you think the scythe is for?  Why do you think he's called a grim "reaper" instead of a grim "announcer" (perhaps Jack Edwards?)?

I dunno. I’m with @PASabreFan - I always pictured Death (Grim Reaper) as more or less what the author of The Book Thief came up with.

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

big trade possibly going down in St Louis. It could involve nylander from Toronto

Good.  We want a valiant drive to the playoffs on the part of the Blues.  I also don't mind moving (that) Nylander to the Western Conference.