Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

Posting this link as plain text - view at your own discretion.

Vincent Trochek appears to seriously injure his leg. This might be a very very long recovery. Needed to be stretchered off the the league called in and had them go to intermission early. Played the last few minutes of the first at the start of the second.

https://twitter.com/shaynepasquino/status/1064694208701890560?s=21

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Posting this link as plain text - view at your own discretion.

Vincent Trochek appears to seriously injure his leg. This might be a very very long recovery. Needed to be stretchered off the the league called in and had them go to intermission early. Played the last few minutes of the first at the start of the second.

https://twitter.com/shaynepasquino/status/1064694208701890560?s=21

I did that on skis once. Torn MCL, ACL and LCL. That twist was nasty. Seen a spiral fracture or 2 happen that way too.

4 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Trochek injury is nasty.  Poor kid.  

Also, evidently a fan had a medical emergency that required intervention, causing the first period to be ended early.  Strange night in Ottawa. 

ah, okay. I thought it was the Trochek injury that caused this.

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I imagine they’ll try to get coach Q if he’s interested.

Part of me would be surprised if he is. He'll get to pick his spot, and even though I don't think the Blues are as bad as their record, I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to wait. 

20 minutes ago, LTS said:

That was coming.  Yeo should be off the bench for awhile now.  He just doesn't have it.  

Yup. But this is the NHL, so... 

Trying to think of a job more appealing than St. Louis.

Edmonton with McDavid is the only one that jumps in my head but I’m not sure that’s more appealing location and overall talent wise.

The Kings don’t have the roster appeal but it is LA.

No way Pittsburgh fires Sullivan.

8 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Trying to think of a job more appealing than St. Louis.

Edmonton with McDavid is the only one that jumps in my head but I’m not sure that’s more appealing location and overall talent wise.

The Kings don’t have the roster appeal but it is LA.

No way Pittsburgh fires Sullivan.

Non-Pittsburgh teams with roster appeal who I think are underperforming or whose GM might think are underperforming: Edmonton, Florida, Philly, NJ, Anaheim. I'd include Carolina, but I doubt they A) fire their coach and B) pay Q's price. On that note, I'd be surprised if Florida would pony up for Q. 

I think Sturm will be the HC in LA next year.

St. Loo should throw the bank at Q but I hope they don't...I'd like to see him out of the division.

Laine with a hatty tonight. Two even strength goals and one EN.

KC is a keeper. He drives the Little line.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Non-Pittsburgh teams with roster appeal who I think are underperforming or whose GM might think are underperforming: Edmonton, Florida, Philly, NJ, Anaheim. I'd include Carolina, but I doubt they A) fire their coach and B) pay Q's price. On that note, I'd be surprised if Florida would pony up for Q. 

I don’t think NJ will pull the plug anytime soon. I don’t think Anaheim has as much appeal at St. Louis. Neither does Florida, especially with Trochek’s injury.

Also, Ennis’ goal from tonight was great. It’s a goal that if Matthews or Marner scored Leafs Twitter would talk about it for weeks.

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I don’t think NJ will pull the plug anytime soon. I don’t think Anaheim has as much appeal at St. Louis. Neither does Florida, especially with Trochek’s injury.

Also, Ennis’ goal from tonight was great. It’s a goal that if Matthews or Marner scored Leafs Twitter would talk about it for weeks.

*I* don't think Anaheim has as much appeal as St. Louis, but I can easily see a coach like Q looking at Getzlaf, Kesler, Gibson, and the blue line and thinking it's a really good landing spot. The Trochek injury definitely zaps Florida of some appeal, but they still have Barkov, Huberdeau, Hoffman, and Ekblad. Does anyone remember if Q had a good relationship with Tallon? Because Florida has that, too.

5 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

*I* don't think Anaheim has as much appeal as St. Louis, but I can easily see a coach like Q looking at Getzlaf, Kesler, Gibson, and the blue line and thinking it's a really good landing spot. The Trochek injury definitely zaps Florida of some appeal, but they still have Barkov, Huberdeau, Hoffman, and Ekblad. Does anyone remember if Q had a good relationship with Tallon? Because Florida has that, too.

He does have a good relationship with Tallon, and he probably ends up in Sunrise next year