Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Gordie Howe got a penalty last night:  https://streamable.com/mltmj

I was going to get all clever on you and suggest that it was some guy who wore 9 before Howe, but apparently there's no reliable number history prior to that date.  Damn you crappy historical records!  I do see Sid Abel wearing it at some point (and he's retired as #12), so I'll just say he took the penalty instead.

But hey, I did learn that some guy by the name of Mike Eruzione bought the team in 1932 and changed the name to the Red Wings.  Why does no one ever mention how damn old he was when he beat the Russians 48 years later?

Chara out at least four weeks then will be re-evaluated.

We play Boston in four weeks + one day. We play them again after that in what is exactly six weeks from today. My guess is he’s not playing in either of those games. Then we play them AGAIN a week after that last game so three times in a couple weeks at the edge of his “re-evaluation” period.

Edited by Hoss

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Chara out at least four weeks then will be re-evaluated.

We play Boston in four weeks + one day. We play them again after that in what is exactly six weeks from today. My guess is he’s not playing in either of those games. Then we play them AGAIN a week after that last game so three times in a couple weeks at the edge of his “re-evaluation” period.

Little things that factor in to why we're going to be a breakout team this season, that when they don't happen next year, cause people to question, "why the step backwards?"