Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

4 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

My prediction is both Chiarelli and Hitch are unemployed come the end of April. 

I know Hitch isn't the answer, but it would be perfectly Oilers to do something as janky as firing Chiarelli and keeping Hitch as head coach. Then no GM with NHL experience will want to come with 10 miles of that tire fire.

It'd also be pretty Oilers to fire Chiarelli and promote Hitch to GM (remember that Hitch claimed he was done coaching).

Hitch's being from Edmonton may win him points with ownership, potentially enough for some sick, twisted moves to occur.

Disclaimer: I've been drinking.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

4 minutes ago, sabills said:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/25333332/nhl-power-rankings-week-7-all-31-teams-thanksgiving-dish

NHL Power Rankings with each team represented as a part of Thanksgiving. I think I like the Canucks the best.

The Blues one killed me 

The Blues are corn. Corn, in theory, should be great. Because it's corn. But here's the thing about corn at Thanksgiving: It's not time for corn anymore. What was great in theory just never tastes as good as it should taste in reality. And that, friends, are the St. Louis Blues.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Canucks are, I believe, 0-5-1 since we beat them coming back from down 2 with 2 minutes left.

My Canuck buddy started mouthing off big time after that game about them being fourth overall, that the game play showed they were clearly the better team, and their rebuild way ahead of ours. They have yet to win and we have yet to lose since. 

Last time I talked to him he was mumbling something about karma. ?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

The oilers one isn't bad either

The Oilers are the dining room table, or more specifically, Connor McDavid is. The dining room table provides the foundation on which everything is placed. Without the dining room table, the entire meal would plummet to the floor in a heaping mass of shattered glass and splattered food. Now, you might be saying, "This table is so beautiful, why not add things to take advantage of this sturdy table. Maybe some flowers, or a full table-scape. Maybe some fine china, or some lovely linens?" Oh, wait, sorry ... we're actually at Peter Chiarelli's for Thanksgiving this year, and he just sawed off one of the table's legs and sold it for a bag of magic beans. Whoops.