Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

Looks like each of the top four picks in this year’s draft will start with their big club.

Dahlin here. Svechnikov in Carolin. Kotkaniemi in Montreal. Tkachuk in Ottawa. Five other guys still in their team’s camps but not expected to stick around.

On 9/28/2018 at 9:47 AM, IKnowPhysics said:

Cosby Runner 2049

I have SEEEN things you PEople wouldn't beLIEVEityBOPpity. Kodak stock on FIRE off the shoulder of Huxtable.  I watched JELLOPUDDINPOPS glitter in the dark near the Junkyard Gate. All those MOments will be LOST in TIME, like tears in RAIN. Time to die.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

What was wrong with that hit?

I mean, other that he kinda got hurt.

They have specifically stated that they want those blindside hits removed from the game. It was legal in the past, but it isn’t anymore. That’s just the way it is. 

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

They have specifically stated that they want those blindside hits removed from the game. It was legal in the past, but it isn’t anymore. That’s just the way it is. 

I thought the head had to be the initial point of contact, though.

7 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Tom Wilson is a slimeball who shouldn't be in the league. 

But, you know what? Guys like Tom Wilson, Lucic, Chara, Matt Martin, Kadri.............. we'd all love to have them on our roster. Well, at least Lucic and Chara a few years ago. 

I still think every team needs one or two of those type of guys. If not those type of guys then coaches who can squeeze some physicality out of their players. Boogie did that in SoFL. 

I too blame Sundqvist for putting himself in that position.  Yeah, it's a bit aggressive for preseason, but the rules are they same.  He didnt target the head either.

If you're not allowed to check a guy with his head down starting at the at the puck, then I'm not sure how you're supposed to play defense.  

2 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

But, you know what? Guys like Tom Wilson, Lucic, Chara, Matt Martin, Kadri.............. we'd all love to have them on our roster. Well, at least Lucic and Chara a few years ago. 

I still think every team needs one or two of those type of guys. If not those type of guys then coaches who can squeeze some physicality out of their players. Boogie did that in SoFL. 

Everyone always says this but I legit have ZERO interest in having any of those guys on my team.

I would’ve enjoyed Chara in his prime but I’ve never really considered him near what the other guys are. He’s just giant so it’s a little harder to avoid certain hits.

8 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Since when was Chara a cheap shot artist? He was mean as hell with cross checks around the crease, but I don't remember him concussing people on the regular. He's also a HoF player and one of the best defensemen of his generation, so yea, I'd take him on my team. Similar with Lucic, I don't recall him regularly destroying skulls with bad hits. And once again, he was at least twice the player Wilson is. Matt Martin? No thanks. Kadri? I'd really rather not.

12 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Where is Tony Twist when you need him? Seriously, Tom Wilson is WHY teams used to carry enforcers.  If they are supposed to get that out of the game and let the league handle it then the league better damned well handle it.  If I'm the Blues I'm eyeing up that game on January 3rd with malice aforethought.

I'm still waiting for any kind of decent evidence that enforcers prevented bad hits.

6 hours ago, Hoss said:

Everyone always says this but I legit have ZERO interest in having any of those guys on my team.

I would’ve enjoyed Chara in his prime but I’ve never really considered him near what the other guys are. He’s just giant so it’s a little harder to avoid certain hits.

Yea, I think Chara is the perfect example of how you can be vicious without being especially dirty.