Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

And his son just got 5 games or the rest of the preseason. What joke. Player safety is a bs thing. 

I think all pre season suspensions should start when the regular season starts. Make it actually hurt the players paycheck and team. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Read on twitter all NHL had to do was an in person meeting to give him regular games.  They neglected or didnt care.

In person needed for 5 games +.  But that includes preseason.  CBA doesn't differentiate for disciplinary purposes.  Just like it doesn't differentiate with playoff games.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

And his son just got 5 games or the rest of the preseason. What joke. Player safety is a bs thing. 

Can you or someone else remind me what the BS Kadri preseason suspension was?  While at the same time, Rolsma* was fined 25K or something? 

*Yes.  Rolsma.

On 9/17/2018 at 11:57 PM, Randall Flagg said:

Personally, I don't put much stock into letter-wearers to be honest. 

And Barkov is one of my favorite players in the game (Trocheck is excellent too, I'd rather not make it an either or thing haha)

So I might not be the best guy for this conversation ?

I agree with you to a point. A real captain will step up no matter if you stick a C on his chest or not. But, if you're going to stick a C on somebody's chest, you don't take it away from him. 

On 9/21/2018 at 2:38 PM, WildCard said:

Flames 3rd jerseys 

Should just be their regular sweater.

With a few exceptions (the teal/black craze of the 90s is prominent here), sine expansion, most teams' original uniforms are their best uniforms.  

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I normally love throwbacks but those Flames ones bore me. Zero effort. Three horizontal stripes and the logo... there are plenty of teams (including the Sabres) wearing that template.

That's the definition of throwback isn't?  You're imitating what's already been done.  It's not supposed to be creative, it's supposed to be imitative.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Weave said:

That's the definition of throwback isn't?  You're imitating what's already been done.  It's not supposed to be creative, it's supposed to be imitative.

Ducks have a throwback that isn’t like every other sweater in the league. As do the Yotes. Our Goatheads are unique. The Pens throwbacks (what they currently wear) are unique.

Throwback does not mean imitate what others have done unless your throwback is a copy of what others have done. My argument was that I don’t want them to go to that full time because it’s boring.

10 hours ago, Eleven said:

Should just be their regular sweater.

With a few exceptions (the teal/black craze of the 90s is prominent here), sine expansion, most teams' original uniforms are their best uniforms.  

Someday the plague that is dark colored uniforms will be purged from this world. It’s happening slowly.