2018 NHL Playoffs: Round 2

WildCard

It's hard for me to gloat about a team's exit from the playoffs when ours was closer to the AHL. I guess in our sanctuary here, where no one is subjected to the outside world's stark reality, we can stroke ourselves about other teams demise when our team is infinitely worse.

Edited by inkman

All this talk about how good Rinne is too damn funny, guy hasn’t won ###### and is overrated.

Having had season tickets in Nashville for the past 8 season (before this season), Pekka is very up-and-down. When he plays calm and controlled, he is fantastic. When he is over-excited, he dives all over the place and missed relatively easy stops... and all too often this happens in the playoffs.

IMHO, Juuuse Saros is a better goaltender. He is undersized but fundamentally sound.

It's hard for me to gloat about a team's exit from the playoffs when ours was closer to the AHL. I guess in our sanctuary here, where no one is subjected to the outside world's stark reality, we can stroke ourselves about other teams demise when our team is infinitely worse.

My bracket is still in tact. That's a good enough reason for me.

The current situation of the Sabres has nothing to do with the Bruins losing.  The only time the Bruins losing is better than this is when it comes at the hands of the Sabres.  Lick it or not, that's the way it is.

If I can't hate on the Bruins in a Sabres forum, then I want no part of this world. This Sabres fan will be stroking away tonight.

TO. Check.

Boston. Check.

Next up. Pittsburgh.

If they get knocked out, I can watch the next two rounds hate free.

SJ Kane wasn't some new Kane. It's the same Kane, and that ain't a bad thing.

I dunno. I think I'd have wanted a little more production from someone I'm going to give up a 1st for when I sign him. They're going to do it. But once again SJ is out.

I feel like it's worth noting that, on the cusp of elimination, Evander Kane has had one point in this series.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/news/nhl-playoffs-2018-san-jose-sharks-evander-kane-injury-update-seperated-shoulder-mcl-free-agency/edpqqnbnv9es1puapnnmsyot9

That might have had some influence. 

Each year we hear about these things and I have to wonder... do teams really not have ANY player that would be better in the lineup than icing a player with these kinds of injuries?

After the Bergeron line scored 4 times on Point's line in game 1, Cooper stuck with Brayden, who is an incredible two-way player. The last four games, Marchand, Bergeron, and Pastrnak had 1 combined goal at even strength while against Point (80% of their ice time 5v5 was against him). The Bruins coach never adjusted, and never got his top line back going. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.