2018 NHL Playoffs: Round 2

WildCard

DRIVE!

3-0 Preds after one period in Winnipeg. Rinne looks sharp for once... and Hellebuyck looks shaky for once...

Exactly. I cannot hear “DRIVE” all night. I’m content watching the game on mute.

I’m also sure the Pens fans have been playing “ONE NOTE HORN” all night which is equally obnoxious.

Talk about a total lack of class..that ***hole Tom Wilson hits a guy to the head, gets no penalty, breaks the guys jaw and leaves him with a concussion and he laughs! Pathetic...he's a bigger douch hen Marchant and that's pretty bad. Guess the NHL has stopped reviewing obvious hits to the head

yeah even Marchant doesn;t do that. Funny Pittsburg had that goon Ryan Reeves for a year or two and I laughed at that and then I heard that he was part of some trade with I think it was Vegas...Pittsburg could use him now. We always talk about how the Sabres do not respond to hits to their players just like that one and as we are seeing there are many other teams that do not respond even Pittsburg...

IMO that Wilson hit was clean.  Hockey is a violent sport (well, it used to be anyway)... just because a guy gets hurt, doesn't mean there was an illegal hit.    The PIT player needs to protect himself in that situation.   Wilson didn't leave his feet or target the head or lead with his hands or elbow.... it was all shoulder, trying to deliver a textbook hit.

USA hockey no longer teaches to finishes your checks (I'm a level 5 coach).   They teach the sole purpose of checking is to separate the player from the puck.   What I'm seeing now is that kids are not ready for contact after moving the puck, putting themselves in vulnerable positions.    

If the PIT player properly absorbs the hit (instead of trying to initiate contact himself), then he likely escapes without injury.    Learning checking is just as much about understanding how to take a hit as it is to deliver a hit.   The PIT player sees Wilson coming and reacts by accelerating/lunging towards Wilson...    Wilson just beats him to the spot and Reese takes the brunt of the hit... that's how hits usually go.... whoever can get to that "spot" first, wins.    In Reese's case he sticks his head out to create momentum, which backfires completely... that's not proper technique to absorb a hit.    He should've realized he was lined up and just take the hit.    

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.