2018 NHL Playoffs: Round 2

WildCard

He's had some clunkers in this series but he's outplaying Rinne and Saros when it counts.

Having seen both of them play a ton, I think Saros is better than Pekka. Rinne will steal a game then single-handedly lose a game. Saros is pretty much always the same. He'll stop what he is supposed to stop. IMHO, I'll take that over spectacular one game then awful the next (see Lehner, Robin).

Having seen both of them play a ton, I think Saros is better than Pekka. Rinne will steal a game then single-handedly lose a game. Saros is pretty much always the same. He'll stop what he is supposed to stop. IMHO, I'll take that over spectacular one game then awful the next (see Lehner, Robin).

I've never been a huge Rinne fan. He's been wildly inconsistent. Saros might struggle with increased workload but who knows. Goalies are goalies. Never overpay them lol

I've never been a huge Rinne fan. He's been wildly inconsistent. Saros might struggle with increased workload but who knows. Goalies are goalies. Never overpay them lol

I really believe Pekka cost the Preds a legit chance at winning the Cup last year. The Preds absolutely dominated Pittsburgh in Game 1. Pekka let in a couple softies on the few shots he faced and that was that.

..looks like I won't be in Nashville for Game 1 and 2 of the Vegas series.  *sigh*

I really believe Pekka cost the Preds a legit chance at winning the Cup last year. The Preds absolutely dominated Pittsburgh in Game 1. Pekka let in a couple softies on the few shots he faced and that was that.

..looks like I won't be in Nashville for Game 1 and 2 of the Vegas series.  *sigh*

Still lots of time left!

Nope. They scored one goal.

When you spot the other team two soft goals within the first 10 minutes the entire game plan changes. The Jets played bunker "5 guys in front of the net" hockey the rest of the game after the two early goals.

Pekka blew game 1 as well with soft goals. As a Preds fan I'm ready for Saros to become the #1 in net.

When you spot the other team two soft goals within the first 10 minutes the entire game plan changes. The Jets played bunker "5 guys in front of the net" hockey the rest of the game after the two early goals.

Pekka blew game 1 as well with soft goals. As a Preds fan I'm ready for Saros to become the #1 in net.

I agree

He’s a choke artist. I hate hearing about all these goalie being so great and never carrying their team in big games. I thought he looked rattled games ago.

I'd take him in Buffalo in a heartbeat.... perhaps with the emergence of Saros, his $7mil/yr price tag, and being 35 years old...  they'll look move him.   

He has one year left at $7mil/yr.... I'd do a Bogo for Rinne deal.     

They would net $2mil in cap space next season and add a defender with only 2 years left on his deal.    

BUF rids themselves of Bogo's contract and gets a goaltender that could likely get them into a playoff position.... on a one year deal, which would be attractive to a playoff team at the deadline if BUF is out of playoff contention.   

That said, Rinne would probably rather retire than accept a trade to BUF.... hahaha.   He does have a NTC/NMC.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.