2018 NHL Playoffs: Round 2

WildCard

Laviolette just now when asked how they cover with Mike Fisher out: "We have a lot of centers", rattles off a list, "we'll get it done."

Man. That's it, isn't it? Just loads of centers and just play them at wing. Whatever.

Johanssen, Bonino, Turris, Jarnkrok, Sissons, Watson all came into the league as Centers or have played Center at the NHL level.

...the complete opposite of the end of Darcy Regier's reign where we had almost no natural centers on the roster (which we all know didn't work too well)!

OMFG... that was stoopid by Forsberg.  :blink:  :w00t: 

So much better than the Canadian Cherry.

Don Cherry's schtick may not be aging well but as a 90's kid who received a copy of Rock em Sock em hockey every year for Christmas, I'll always have a soft spot for the old coot.

Pre YouTube and 100000 tv channels these highlight reels set to "eurotrash" techno were absolute gold.

I still toss them on for the boys before a big beer league game

Edited by Stu

I am actually happy for the Caps.

Also: The last time they made it to the conference finals, they beat the Sabres in the conference semi-finals.

No.  They beat the Sabres in the conference finals.  Bruins, then Senators, then Sabres.  I was at at least one game in each series.  (It was really really easy to get free tickets because they had no fans.)

Edited by Eleven

No.  They beat the Sabres in the conference finals.  Bruins, then Senators, then Sabres.  I was at at least one game in each series.  (It was really really easy to get free tickets because they had no fans.)

Daggum memory. I thought they'd beat us in round 2.

What happened to the Caps in the SCF that year?

As you can tell, I'm not cross-checking things with Google.

Also: What year was the loss to Pittsburgh where Hasek let in a not-great goal to end the series and skated off the ice as though he'd been shot out of a cannon?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.