2018 Winter Olympics

darksabre

I didn't necessarily mean live. It's not like we get much live Olympic coverage in the US anyway. I'd like to watch the mixed doubles curling from yesterday, for example.

Again, it doesn't appear so today.

NBCSN will be showing Olympic coverage all day for the next week starting tonight at 2AM w/ curling on the coverage schedule for sometime between 2-5AM tonight.

Edited by Taro T

The NBCSN coverage does get interrupted for soccer & some other stuff, but that's your best bet to find Olympics. The little bit getting broadcast on NBC is most likely non-events such as the life story of the ______ figure skater that had to overcome the personal tragedy of _____ to become a _____ & so on & so forth.

DTV's Olympic mix claims there may be up to 4 things getting broadcast at anytime, but not sure what the other 2 networks are.

Painted Hilary Knight like I said I would. Tough to find good ref of women's hockey players- in play they have a cage covering the face, and otherwise it's promos where they're all airbrushed and made up and it lacks that energy I want to emulate. 

But still! 

rYWvyHQ.jpg

This one is really good, not that rest aren’t, they’re all great. This one catches my eye because your drawn into her eyes despite/because(I can’t decide which)of the visor. Very well done with your signature stokes. Without many references to go on? I think your inner eye may have the advantage.JMO

Great work josie. Should tweet it at Hillary.

Wonder if Donald still wants immigrants from their now that they are losers.

Switzerland just destroying Korea in hockey

I'll be very surprised if Korea scores a goal this tournament.

I want to shred that slopestyle park.

Edited by ubkev

What a crazy amazing performance by Red Gerard, a 17 year old American, who just won the USA first Gold this year in Men's Slopestyle Snowboarding.  Simply amazing performance to stick everything on your 3rd and final run after wiping out on your two previous runs.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Coverage: As someone mentioned, NBC Sports has full replays. I can see them through my Roku; I'd assume they're also available on their website but I haven't looked. Presumably, there are no interruptions but I don't know for sure. I was watching they ski jumping yesterday (live) and there was a lot of nothing going on and the announcers were just prattling away instead of cutting to some other event.

Edited by MattiPaj

Painted Hilary Knight like I said I would. Tough to find good ref of women's hockey players- in play they have a cage covering the face, and otherwise it's promos where they're all airbrushed and made up and it lacks that energy I want to emulate.

But still!

rYWvyHQ.jpg

You are amazing as someone mentioned the eyes.... badass... that is way I want to see Jim Schoenefeld. Edited by Kottbullar

The 5,000 meter speed skating was incredible. Arms behind the back is interesting to me. They make it look so effortless. I noticed on the closeups that they weren't throwing any snow at the end of their strides. The skates look like fun. Anyone ever tried to skate in those?

The 5,000 meter speed skating was incredible. Arms behind the back is interesting to me. They make it look so effortless. I noticed on the closeups that they weren't throwing any snow at the end of their strides. The skates look like fun. Anyone ever tried to skate in those?

Jack's stride reminds me of speed skating (when he doesn't have the puck, at least); longer, smoother strides. In contract, lots of guys feet are moving a lot more but with no more speed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.