GDT: Sabres @ Blue Jackets 10/25/17 8PM EST

Wyldnwoody44

Well, a road game on a back to back against a team with some skill.

After a no hitter, will Robin Sparkles get the nod again on little rest?

Will O reileys beard take over the face off dot again, or will it become Grey and fragile.

Does anyone on this team cash in on Jack's delicious feeds?!?

All this and more as the Sabres come to you live from downtown Columbus this evening. Stay Tuned and have your therapist on speed dial!

Well, a road game on a back to back against a team with some skill.

After a no hitter, will Robin Sparkles get the nod again on little rest?

Will O reileys beard take over the face off dot again, or will it become Grey and fragile.

Does anyone on this team cash in on Jack's delicious feeds?!?

All this and more as the Sabres come to you live from downtown Columbus this evening. Stay Tuned and have your therapist on speed dial!

Get out the Holy Hand Grenade... kill the rabbit

Behind the rabbit? It is the rabbit. 

Edited by LGR4GM

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/blue-jackets-may-shake-up-lineup-vs-sabres-102517

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Two consecutive home losses after a 5-1-0 start might prompt the Columbus Blue Jackets to shake up their forward lines when they play host to the Buffalo Sabres on Wednesday night at Nationwide Arena.

Veteran center Nick Foligno worked the past two days in practice with wingers Cam Atkinson and Artemi Panarin on the top line, and Alexander Wennberg apparently will take Foligno’s spot as the point man on the No. 2 line.

Coach John Tortorella is looking for a spark that can get the Blue Jackets (5-3-0) back on track against the Sabres, who will be playing the second half of a back-to-back after a 1-0 home victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday night.

Where’s the analytics boys with the story on Sparkles (good on ya, Woodman, hope it sticks) in back-to-backs?

Don’t the stats scream play the back up, even though the coaches almost always go with the hot hand?

The heck with the stats.

Always go with a goalie who through a shut out the game before, even a back to back.

GO SABRES!!

Where’s the analytics boys with the story on Sparkles (good on ya, Woodman, hope it sticks) in back-to-backs?

Don’t the stats scream play the back up, even though the coaches almost always go with the hot hand?

I believe it's around 10% drop in save percentage from the night before, on average.

I also believe that of the 4-6 times Lehner was pulled early last year, all but one came in the second night of a back to back when he had played the night before.

Edited by Randall Flagg

I believe it's around 10% drop in save percentage from the night before, on average.

I also believe that of the 4-6 times Lehner was pulled early last year, all but one came in the second night of a back to back when he had played the night before.

That's pretty crazy.

10% drop is still pretty good, but I have no trust in Johnson at all myself.

If the Sabres keep their improved D play then I think playing Johnson won't be a problem.

I hope they put Foligno on the top line.  Loading that line means the less we have to shut down the others although that is a helluva line to shutdown.

Here we go.. 8pm start.. can't wait.

IT'S WEDNESDAY NIGHT RIVALRY NIGHT! I CAN LITERALLY SEE THE BLOOD BOIL UNDER MY SKIN WHEN I THINK OF ALL THE PAST SERIES THAT LED ME TO DESPISE...the Blue Jackets? Like, remember that time they scored to beat us that sealed our fate to draft Jack Eichel? Those .

This is a statement game. This team needs to build off of the past two games. A win puts us right back in the playoff mix and the next two games are very winnable.

Let's hope the Sabres can provide a repeat effort of last night. I am expecting a bit more of an open game tonight as the 2nd game of a back to back. More opportunity for mental mistakes and capitalizing on those opportunities. 

Won't be able to watch this one as I have local league commitments. LGB!

That's pretty crazy.

I believe it was True who had the exact number. And I just found it, and I had remembered it very wrong, but the average does drop significantly. 

It goes from .912 to .892, which would be the equivalent of having career-average Tim Thomas ready to go and choosing career-average Michael Leighton over him, the example given. Or choosing Chad Johnson or Jacob Markstrom last season instead of starting Sergei Bobrovsky the Vezina winner, assuming both were equally rested.

I think I see why I thought that it was 10% - that appears to be Lehner's average drop, not the drop in general :lol: I'm going through his back-to-back history with this team and will post the results.

Edited by Randall Flagg

I believe it was True who had the exact number. And I just found it, and I had remembered it very wrong, but the average does drop significantly. 

It goes from .912 to .892, which would be the equivalent of having career-average Tim Thomas ready to go and choosing career-average Michael Leighton over him, the example given. Or choosing Chad Johnson or Jacob Markstrom last season instead of starting Sergei Bobrovsky the Vezina winner, assuming both were equally rested.

I'm curious to know what the SV% comparison for goalies who play back-to-back games after posting a shutout in game 1. I think there's something to be said for confidence levels and being in "the zone".

I wouldn't even know where to begin to find a stat like that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.