The New Lineup Thread

GASabresIUFAN

@WGR550
Kane - Eichel - Pominville
Nolan - Larsson - Reinhart
Pouliot - O'Reilly - Fasching
Wilson - Rodrigues - Okposo

I wouldn't be too concerned with the order of the lines. I imagine they're actually

@ByMHarrington
Lines remain same with Kane-Eichel-Pominville, Pouliot-ROR-Fasching, Wilson-ERod-Okposo, Nolan-Larsson-Reinhart. Girgensons extra. #Sabres.

@WGR550

I wouldn't be too concerned with the order of the lines. I imagine they're actually

@ByMHarrington

Lines remain same with Kane-Eichel-Pominville, Pouliot-ROR-Fasching, Wilson-ERod-Okposo, Nolan-Larsson-Reinhart. Girgensons extra. #Sabres.

Yeah, I'm betting your order is probably right.

I see no point to putting Reinhart on Larsson's wing. Why not try Okposo on Reinhart's wing instead?

Yeah this is some... Uh... Interesting player management. I understand the method behind the madness but how much are they damaging Reinhart in the process. Something something snowflake I guess.

I see no point to putting Reinhart on Larsson's wing.  Why not try Okposo on Reinhart's wing instead?

Because Reinhart fills the non-physical, PP net front presence, slow of foot, 4th line winger Moulson role better? :unsure:

THAT is the most important position you need to fill on the roster, right? :wacko:

Regardless of what it does for player development. Hopefully Reinhart finds a way to show a spark & get back into good graces. Even if they don't want him, burying him on the 4th line does not increase his (trade) value.

Just trade the guy already.

A little tired of waiting for him to become relevant, anyways. 7th in team forward scoring, all of 10 points in 28 games. He's not going to fit the game Botterill and Housley want to play.

It's either doghouse after doghouse or maximize his value by capitalizing on a trade, assuming there is something available.

Edited by Thorny

Just trade the guy already.

A little tired of waiting for him to become relevant, anyways. 7th in team forward scoring, all of 10 points in 28 games. He's not going to fit the game Botterill and Housley want to play.

It's either doghouse after doghouse or maximize his value by capitalizing on a trade, assuming there is something available.

How about a Travis Hamonic Sam Bennet for Reino deal? Both seem to be struggling. Hamonic would easily fit in our top 6 and Bennett can slide into a bottom 6 role or even try him on Jack's wing. Might as well do it already.

How about a Travis Hamonic Sam Bennet for Reino deal? Both seem to be struggling. Hamonic would easily fit in our top 6 and Bennett can slide into a bottom 6 role or even try him on Jack's wing. Might as well do it already.

Well Hamonic isn't going to want to come East after he just got out West to help with a family situation.

Edited by LTS

Hadn't noticed Hamonic was struggling this season. Sign me up for this deal.

But as LTS said I doubt Hamonic takes too kindly to a move out East.

I think the Reino center experiment is over

Why? This season is already lost. Let's keep trying things until something clicks. I agree that he has been inept ytd, but it can't hurt to try again. The kid is a natural playmaker with good vision, putting him w Kane and Pommers gives him to scorers to work with and may just get him going. What do we and he have to lose?

Why? This season is already lost. Let's keep trying things until something clicks. I agree that he has been inept ytd, but it can't hurt to try again. The kid is a natural playmaker with good vision, putting him w Kane and Pommers gives him to scorers to work with and may just get him going. What do we and he have to lose?

Successful Tank errr no 1 pick oh yeh right never mind because Buffalo..,

@SabresBuzz

#Sabres Stats Leaders:

Hits: Ristolainen (55), McCabe (52), Kane (52)

Blocked Shots: McCabe (44), Scandella (40), Ristolainen (32)

Shots on goal: Kane (126), Eichel (89), O’Reilly (72)

Eichel needs to shoot more. A lot more

I think the Reino center experiment is over

Personally, would rather keep him at RW, but while the experiment was a resounding failure at making him the 3C or 4C would be interested in seeing what he could do w/ the "top line" W's for 4-6 games.

This would have 2 benefits in a worst case: we'd know that the eye test indicating Reinhart is not a regular NHL C was accurate (if it in fact, as likely, is) & we'd finally split up Eichel & Kane for more than a period.

And in a best case, we find out that Reinhart can be lifted by good W's & we'd finally split up Eichel & Kane and have more than 2 players playing useful minutes.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/winnipeg-jets-became-one-nhls-best-three-trends-watch/

Jack "disappointing" Eichel. Jack "not as good as Kane" Eichel. Jack "lazy" Eichel. Jack "need more from him" Eichel. Jack "spoiled child" Eichel.

Narrative-busting statistics are fun.

The Sabres have scored 17 goals at five-on-five in the 400-plus minutes Eichel has been on the ice, and he has personally either scored or made the pass that directly preceded the goal on 16 of them. He’s first in the league in:

a) The percentage of goals his team has scored while he’s on the ice that he’s registered a point on (of players who have been on the ice for at least 10 goals thus far)

b) The percentage of primary individual points, essentially stripping secondary assists from the equation (of players with at least a double-digit point total for the year)
Edited by TrueBlueGED