The New Lineup Thread

GASabresIUFAN

My idea, I'm furious and want things changed.....

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/498906

We have a 2018 1st from CBJ?

Or maybe it has something to do with Botterill’s stated goal of wanting prospects to dominate and to lead at lower levels before moving up. Maybe it’s making a statement that he is supportive of the player’s desires.

This. Leave them all down there and let them win and grow together. Do the same next year when Mittelstadt comes

Jason Botterill feels otherwise.

He wouldn’t have made this call if it wasn’t the case.

Well, ya...

Still don't like it. But I'll trust Botterill.

With ERod’s 4 pt night last night in Roch, how long til he is recalled to strengthen our 3rd line?

Keep him in Rochester.

I think the tournament being in Buffalo may have had an influence. Show him off to the locals and all the league GMs and staff.

Absolutely.  He remains under the watchful eye of the organization and gets to represent his country again, which we all know he likes to do.  It's a win for all parties.   I probably also doesn't hurt that the Amerks have played well without him.

Or maybe it has something to do with Botterill’s stated goal of wanting prospects to dominate and to lead at lower levels before moving up. Maybe it’s making a statement that he is supportive of the player’s desires.

Quite possibly.  I wonder if Nylander would have played in the OHL again last season if Jbot has been the GM then.  Heck is Jbot had been the GM, Sergachev might have been the draft pick instead of Nylander.

Making room for the multiple bodies coming back in a blockbuster trade.

Yeah right.

We had blockbuster trades for Kane and O'Reilly and somehow those trades are now being panned even though the latter was considered a fleecing on almost any standard and I'm having a hard time looking at the Kane trade as anything other than a win as we got by far the best player in the deal. Now both trades are being scrutinized and a couple bottom 6 players are doing ok professionally.

The ROR trade maybe a good trade in isolation, but it was much to early in the rebuilding process and TM overpaid to keep him. Now we are paying 7.5 per season for a good not great player who hasn’t elevated the team and who will never come close to earning the contract.

We’ll be lucky if he is still a good player by the time Jbot fixes the roster if that us even possible.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

When I look at what Botterill said on his interview the other night.. it seems that everything this year is to get to next year.  They learn what they have and put themselves in a position to build in his eyes (not Murray's).

So, I don't think E-Rod gets called up except as an emergency. 

Next year's roster looks a lot like some combination of:

Eichel - Reinhart - Nylander

ROR - Okposo - Pominville

Girgensons - Fasching - Bailey

Larsson - E-Rod - CJ Smith

Ristolainen - Scandella

Bogosian - Beaulieu

McCabe - Antipin

Guhle

Lehner and Ullmark in goal

Gone by the end of the year are the UFAs: Pouliot, Kane, Gorges, Nolan, Falk

They'll pull some picks or prospects that will prime Rochester for the next few years.  I think he'll still trade a few other players if he gets the right deal...

Oh.. and somewhere in there I would put Tavares' name.  It's going to happen.

Edited by LTS

LTS, I agree with the idea that Jbot is working towards bring up a wave of players from Roch next season. It certainly makes sense financially for the franchise. We need to get some lower cost and hopefully effective players on the NHL roster.

However, does that projected roster really look to you like a step forward from this year? It looks much the same, especially on D and without this year’s best player. I think Bogo will be bought out. You aren’t bring Guhle up to sit as the 7th D. I also don’t think Lehner will be retained. My guess is Jbot trades Lehner at the deadline for a backup goalie and a draft pick, not unlike the Halak, Johnson and Neuvirth deals TM did. Dumping Lehner and Bogo, actually gives Jbot the money to re-sign Kane if he is so inclined. Also, I think Pouliot stays and gets another 1 year deal if continues to play well be the deadline.

I don’t mind the John T idea, but again he is already 27. How much and for how long? Also do we really need another 30 year old big $ star when this team finally turns the corner?

I really want Nylander to stay in Rochester so he can play with Mittelstadt for a year. Same with anyone else that can

Tavares is never leaving the Island

I agree on Nylander. I really need to see him have a great season in Rochester before I decide he's going to be plugging into the Buffalo roster next year.