The New Lineup Thread

GASabresIUFAN

Wilson and ERod are only the best in that cart because they have a sample size of less than 5 games. I would ignore any of the new guys until they get enough games to normalize. They have been relatively good comparatively.

Forget it, I'm trolling.  :devil:

When Josefson is back, what gives? Send Fasching back down? I'm pretty pleased with Rodrigues at the moment and I think he might become a mainstay going forward.

Make Rodrigues and Josefson the bottom six Cs and this team looks a hella lot better. I'm looking forward to that.

Ignoring the fancy stats and going by my nekkid eye, Erod looks like their 3rd best forward right now. Good on him but does that scream at how pitiful O'Reilly, Okposo, Reinhart, Larsson and Girgensons have been.

Larsson is one of those guys I think the speed of the game has hurt. I think he has some legitimate defensive chops, but his legs hold him back now.

I'd agree with this. It's not really him, but in effect he's not the same player anymore. He can't make the same plays.

Ignoring the fancy stats and going by my nekkid eye, Erod looks like their 3rd best forward right now. Good on him but does that scream at how pitiful O'Reilly, Okposo, Reinhart, Larsson and Girgensons have been.

Fair enough.  I think there will be a purge next year similar to this year's.  Hard to say which of those you named will still be here.

What really sucks is remembering watching what pedigreed prospects like Larsson, Girgensons and Reinhart were in their second seasons and expecting them to blossom in year three and four, like players traditionally do.

Instead, they’ve regressed.

The point of the tank was to acquire young talent, but it don’t mean a thing if it’s not developed.

What really sucks is remembering watching what pedigreed prospects like Larsson, Girgensons and Reinhart were in their second seasons and expecting them to blossom in year three and four, like players traditionally do.

Instead, they’ve regressed.

The point of the tank was to acquire young talent, but it don’t mean a thing if it’s not developed.

Reinhart has easily been the most disappointing, relative to what we were hoping for. I'm torn between wanting to be patient with him in the hopes he gets back on track, and wanting to trade him ASAP to maximize the value he still has.

I'm just not sure he fits the type of team that management wants to put together.

Reinhart has easily been the most disappointing, relative to what we were hoping for. I'm torn between wanting to be patient with him in the hopes he gets back on track, and wanting to trade him ASAP to maximize the value he still has.

I'm just not sure he fits the type of team that management wants to put together.

I strongly believe he will become a reliable top 6 forward who plays through his prime on lines 1 & 2. I don't know on what team that will be, though. Either we're patient with him, or GMBot finds a trade partner who sees this in him and is willing to pay.

I strongly believe he will become a reliable top 6 forward who plays through his prime on lines 1 & 2. I don't know on what team that will be, though. Either we're patient with him, or GMBot finds a trade partner who sees this in him and is willing to pay.

I just don't think he has the speed necessary to play the top 6 roll Botterill envisions. I'm not a "Reinhart is slow" guy. But he only has average speed.

I still think Sam can think the game at a very high level of speed and that’s why his skills are maximized with highly skilled players.

Those one-touch across the grain passes that I loved most about his game have completely dried up.

He seems like such a laid-back dude, but I under the surface his confidence must be battered.

Other than that brief nine-game stint in 2014 he’s never had a stretch like this in his life where the offence has completely dried up.

Other than his brief stretch with Kane and Eichel, these will be the best line mates he’s had this year.

Interested to see if there is any spark.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

I still think Sam can think the game at a very high level of speed and that’s why his skills are maximized with highly skilled players.

Those one-touch across the grain passes that I loved most about his game have completely dried up.

He seems like such a laid-back dude, but I under the surface his confidence must be battered.

Other than that brief nine-game stint in 2014 he’s never had a stretch like this in his left where the offence has completely dried up.

Other than his brief stretch with Kane and Eichel, these will be the best line mates he’s had this year.

Interested to see if there is any spark.

This is such a great point. Sometimes I forget that Reinhart dominated during his journey to the NHL. He also dominated at the WJC. Leading the tournament in scoring, on a team with McDavid. And he scored 23 goals as a freaking rookie. That's pretty good.

There's no chance the thoughts some have had of him being potentially not worth the 2nd overall pick, or maybe even a disappointment, ever enter/entered his head. He'd view himself as a top guy. A season like this really would be confidence rattling.

This is such a great point. Sometimes I forget that Reinhart dominated during his journey to the NHL. He also dominated at the WJC. Leading the tournament in scoring, on a team with McDavid. And he scored 23 goals as a freaking rookie. That's pretty good.

There's no chance the thoughts some have had of him being potentially not worth the 2nd overall pick, or maybe even a disappointment, ever enter/entered his head. He'd view himself as a top guy. A season like this really would be confidence rattling.

Regular, talented linemates would help. I don't have any faith it will last but Erod and Kane are by far the best he's had without Eichel. O'Reilly has been JAG this season and it's maddening. He's crushing this team's morale. He's supposed to be their rock. Steady, predictable force. Yet most nights he's MIA.