The New Lineup Thread

GASabresIUFAN

@SabresBuzz
#Sabres Stats Leaders:
Hits: Ristolainen (55), McCabe (52), Kane (52)
Blocked Shots: McCabe (44), Scandella (40), Ristolainen (32)
Shots on goal: Kane (126), Eichel (89), O’Reilly (72)

Eichel needs to shoot more. A lot more

He needs to hit the net more.  :devil:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/winnipeg-jets-became-one-nhls-best-three-trends-watch/

Jack "disappointing" Eichel. Jack "not as good as Kane" Eichel. Jack "lazy" Eichel. Jack "need more from him" Eichel. Jack "spoiled child" Eichel.

Narrative-busting statistics are fun.

Dooooonnnn'ttt caaaaaareee. The stats can say what they want, Jack needs to do more because what I see isn't good enough. He fails the eye test.

@JourdonLaBarber

O'Reilly on Fasching: "He's got a gear in there that's tough for people to keep up with. He's definitely dangerous. I'm not sure if he's faster - he's always had the speed - you can just tell he's comfortable with it more and so he uses it." #Sabres

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/winnipeg-jets-became-one-nhls-best-three-trends-watch/

Jack "disappointing" Eichel. Jack "not as good as Kane" Eichel. Jack "lazy" Eichel. Jack "need more from him" Eichel. Jack "spoiled child" Eichel.

That's gonna happen when your line is the only one doing any of the scoring. 

Hooray, Jack is the first line center on a team with no scoring on any other line.  He must be performing awesome.

or not.

That's gonna happen when your line is the only one doing any of the scoring.

Hooray, Jack is the first line center on a team with no scoring on any other line. He must be performing awesome.

or not.

Or you and plenty of others are projecting way too much team failure onto him. Or in the case of at least a few, letting a personal dislike of him unfairly color their evaluation of his play.

So we can have more guys losing puck battles?

If everyone lost more puck battles but could produce offense like Jack, we might actually be a playoff team.

Or you and plenty of others are projecting way too much team failure onto him. Or in the case of at least a few, letting a personal dislike of him unfairly color their evaluation of his play.

If everyone lost more puck battles but could produce offense like Jack, we might actually be a playoff team.

LOL Your link is even titled "Jack Eichel's lack of secondary scoring".   So my comment holds water.  And Jack can score nearly all of the 5v5 assists on the team and still be underperforming.  It's not mutually exclusive.

He's been better the last two games and it has been rather noticeable.  He could have been better than he was playing. Alot better.

Maybe your infatuation (or maybe it is desperation) may be coloring your evaluation of his play.  ;)

I think “the percentage of team” and the “percentage of primary” concepts leave me unswayed. Sure, he’s doing more than other Sabres. That’s not the hope I had for him. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not shipping him out or calling him a bust, but I’m wishing we were $2 million or so under $10 million per.

I think “the percentage of team” and the “percentage of primary” concepts leave me unswayed. Sure, he’s doing more than other Sabres. That’s not the hope I had for him. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not shipping him out or calling him a bust, but I’m wishing we were $2 million or so under $10 million per.

If ever there was a low bar, percentage of scoring on this team has to be it.

Good thing he isn't making 10 million this year ;)

LOL Your link is even titled "Jack Eichel's lack of secondary scoring".   So my comment holds water.  And Jack can score nearly all of the 5v5 assists on the team and still be underperforming.  It's not mutually exclusive.

He's been better the last two games and it has been rather noticeable.  He could have been better than he was playing. Alot better.

Maybe your infatuation (or maybe it is desperation) may be coloring your evaluation of his play.  ;)

Saying he's underperforming is one thing, but that's not what I was critiquing. The way he's been getting slammed around here has reached near-hysterical levels. It many cases, it has escaped all logical foundation (such as suggesting Jack could benefit from AHL time as it would teach him to work hard....as if he'd have to try hard to be the best player on the ice). 

Wanting Jack to be better is fine, but the way this forum has read in recent weeks, I genuinely think people are throwing the entirety of their tank-related and team-still-sucking-related anger onto his back. Jack has become to many what Uncle Terry is to PA.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Saying he's underperforming is one thing, but that's not what I was critiquing. The way he's been getting slammed around here has reached near-hysterical levels. It many cases, it has escaped all logical foundation (such as suggesting Jack could benefit from AHL time as it would teach him to work hard....as if he'd have to try hard to be the best player on the ice). 

Wanting Jack to be better is fine, but the way this forum has read in recent weeks, I genuinely think people are throwing the entirety of their tank-related and team-still-sucking-related anger onto his back. Jack has become to many what Uncle Terry is to PA.

That's not how your post read.  It read as if Jack leading a team with no scoring indicated that he is performing well.

As for the rest.... You don't think you should have expected this?  The irrational exhuberance when we lost to Phoenix and clinched the pick was going to be fully matched if he didn't strap this team onto its back.  I thought you had some psychology background in your education?  This is human nature at work.

It's a minor miracle that I have managed to not gloat around here.  :D

That's not how your post read.  It read as if Jack leading a team with no scoring indicated that he is performing well.

As for the rest.... You don't think you should have expected this?  The irrational exhuberance when we lost to Phoenix and clinched the pick was going to be fully matched if he didn't strap this team onto its back.  I thought you had some psychology background in your education?  This is human nature at work.

It's a minor miracle that I have managed to not gloat around here.  :D

I definitely would have expected it had I known they'd still be the worst team in the league. I just didn't expect us to still be in last place in year 3 of Jack's career :lol:

Regardless, it's been pretty intolerable to read, IMO.

I definitely would have expected it had I known they'd still be the worst team in the league. I just didn't expect us to still be in last place in year 3 of Jack's career :lol:

Regardless, it's been pretty intolerable to read, IMO.

Welcome to my world.

@JourdonLaBarber

Rasmus Ristolainen came 43 seconds short of becoming the first Sabre ever to log 30+ minutes in three straight games.  

On the 3-game road trip, Risto skated 91:43 and tallied 11 SOG, 12 hits and 13 blocked shots. #Sabres

@BuffaloSabres

Nathan Beaulieu (illness) & Jacob Josefson (ankle) are back practicing with the team this morning. #Sabres

@JourdonLaBarber
Rasmus Ristolainen came 43 seconds short of becoming the first Sabre ever to log 30+ minutes in three straight games.  
On the 3-game road trip, Risto skated 91:43 and tallied 11 SOG, 12 hits and 13 blocked shots. #Sabres

@BuffaloSabres
Nathan Beaulieu (illness) & Jacob Josefson (ankle) are back practicing with the team this morning. #Sabres

When Josefson is back, what gives?  Send Fasching back down?  I'm pretty pleased with Rodrigues at the moment and I think he might become a mainstay going forward.

Make Rodrigues and Josefson the bottom six Cs and this team looks a hella lot better.  I'm looking forward to that.

Edited by Anordning