The New Lineup Thread

GASabresIUFAN

Interesting result tonight.

Housley seperated Kane and Jack 5 on 5, but left them togehter on the PP. Result: PP goal by Kane, Pouliot scores on Jack's line and KO scores.

I'm really hoping he keeps these lines for a few games. They just seem to make so much sense as far as the roles each player plays and how they fit together with their linemates.

I'm really hoping he keeps these lines for a few games. They just seem to make so much sense as far as the roles each player plays and how they fit together with their linemates.

He’s kinda maximized the speed on each line:

Fast Jack and Fast Pouliot with OK Pommers

Fast Kane and Quick ERod with OK Reinhart

Fast Wilson and Pretty Fast Nolan with slow Larsson

Fast Zemgus with Pretty Slow Kyle and Ryan

Wilson and ERod have improved our speed quotient.

Separately, for what it’s worth, Bogosian has improved the top four.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

He’s kinda maximized the speed on each line:

Fast Jack and Fast Pouliot with OK Pommers

Fast Kane and Quick ERod with OK Reinhart

Fast Wilson and Pretty Fast Nolan with slow Larsson

Fast Zemgus with Pretty Slow Kyle and Ryan

Wilson and ERod have improved our speed quotient.

Separately, for what it’s worth, Bogosian has improved the top four.

great post

Why? He has 3-6-9 for Minnesota this year. What do you think he would have for us? I'm guess 1-2-3

Marcus skates well, has size and a physical game. He also was part of a capable 3rd line last year and was our 2nd leading 5 on 5 scorer.

These are all things our team needs and misses now that he is gone. Add him to Wilson and ERod and pur depth takes a major step forward.

Fyi: His 9 pts in 29 games puts him slightly ahead of last season’s 23 pt pace.

One we trade Kane we are going to need another winger or 2.

Edited by Georgia Flakt

Marcus skates well, has size and a physical game. He also was part of a capable 3rd line last year and was our 2nd leading 5 on 5 scorer.

These are all things our team needs and misses now that he is gone. Add him to Wilson and ERod and pur depth takes a major step forward.

Fyi: His 9 pts in 29 games puts him slightly ahead of last season’s 23 pt pace.

The fact that he's being a healthy scratch in a more difficult system than he's ever had makes me believe he's not smart enough to play Housley's, and we already have a ton of guys like that

The fact that he's being a healthy scratch in a more difficult system than he's ever had makes me believe he's not smart enough to play Housley's, and we already have a ton of guys like that

No we have a lot of guys who aren’t even producing at Foligno’s level, such as Josefson, Larsson, Girgensons, and Nolan, add in the failed callups and failed AAAA players and it illustrates why Wilson was acquired and why a player like Foligno would help.

No we have a lot of guys who aren’t even producing at Foligno’s level, such as Josefson, Larsson, Girgensons, and Nolan, add in the failed callups and failed AAAA players and it illustrates why Wilson was acquired and why a player like Foligno would help.

That is completely the point of my post. We have enough guys like Foligno who can't produce, we don't need another. You really think the gap beween Marcus and Grigensons/Larsson is that big?

That is completely the point of my post. We have enough guys like Foligno who can't produce, we don't need another. You really think the gap beween Marcus and Grigensons/Larsson is that big?

Yes. Marcus has statistically improved every year in the NHL and has played nearly every game every season. Larsson and Z aren’t even in the same conversation.

When Josefson comes back they should send both Fasching and Rodrigues down.     They'll benefit more from 1st line minutes in ROCH than 3rd line in BUF.      Let them continue to develop on the farm in a winning environment.

Ultimately I'd like to see a line of Fasching - Rodrigues - Smith... perhaps as soon as next season.    Still lots of fodder to clear out of BUF.

#Sabres  GM Jason Botterill just met with media by the Winter Classic truck and said decision on Alex Nylander/Sweden can still come next week for #WorldJuniors Per Harrington

Has Nylander done anything at all in Rochester?   What a disappointment he's been.   He's getting outscored by guys like Sahir Gill and Steve Moses.

He's 19 years old and has only played 12 games this season due to injury. Relax.

I’ve said this before, but I think its time is running out.

He’s an offensive winger on a good team with one goal.

I’ve far from written him off, but the flags are getting redder.

I’ve said this before, but I think its time is running out.

He’s an offensive winger on a good team with one goal.

I’ve far from written him off, but the flags are getting redder.

I want to be disappointed in his progress. I said I wanted to see more from him this year. But I still can't get past him being 19.

I want to be disappointed in his progress. I said I wanted to see more from him this year. But I still can't get past him being 19.

He's 19 years old and has only played 12 games this season due to injury. Relax. 

You know who else is 19?   Laine, Tkachuk, Sergachev, DeBrincat, Keller, etc...   Nylander can't even contribute to an AHL club, I'm sorry, that's disappointing.  

You know who else is 19?   Laine, Tkachuk, Sergachev, DeBrincat, Keller, etc...   Nylander can't even contribute to an AHL club, I'm sorry, that's disappointing.  

I'm sorry, you're right. Hockey players are robots and all develop at exactly the same pace and in the same way. 

Kind of tough on the kid don't you think??? You weren't disappointed in Reinhart until he was 22

Tkachuk is 20

Debrincat will be 20 in 3 days

Laine, Tkachuk, and Keller were all drafted before Nylander so idk what to say there.  Still I am nitpicking.  You are 100% correct. It is disappointing that Nylander isn't contributing in year 2 in the AHL.  We can be patient I suppose but it is disappointing. 

More to Pi's point, the Sabres have not drafted and developed well and it shows, time and time and time and time again.