The New Lineup Thread

GASabresIUFAN

Marcus skates well, has size and a physical game. He also was part of a capable 3rd line last year and was our 2nd leading 5 on 5 scorer.

These are all things our team needs and misses now that he is gone. Add him to Wilson and ERod and pur depth takes a major step forward.

Fyi: His 9 pts in 29 games puts him slightly ahead of last season’s 23 pt pace.

One we trade Kane we are going to need another winger or 2.

Trade him for Sam

I'm sorry, you're right. Hockey players are robots and all develop at exactly the same pace and in the same way. 

In his second year of pro hockey he needs to be showing flashes of why he was drafted 8th overall.... especially in the AHL.     

Let me put it this way...Nylander has 4 points in 12 AHL games.   Matt Moulson had 4 points in 1 AHL game.  

The AHL is significantly slower and less skilled than the NHL.    He should be tearing up, instead he's been invisible.   

Anybody who wants Marcus back fundamentally does not understand Housley's system, or how slow Marcus is.

If Gorges is an "anchor," (a characterization I don't actually agree with), then Foligno is a ###### iceberg. You could see defensemen letting up every time he was leading a rush, because they knew they could just sit back and play their angles by the book- no threat there!

Edited by erickompositör72

I’ve said this before, but I think its time is running out.

He’s an offensive winger on a good team with one goal.

I’ve far from written him off, but the flags are getting redder.

In his second year of pro hockey he needs to be showing flashes of why he was drafted 8th overall.... especially in the AHL.     

Let me put it this way...Nylander has 4 points in 12 AHL games.   Matt Moulson had 4 points in 1 AHL game.  

The AHL is significantly slower and less skilled than the NHL.    He should be tearing up, instead he's been invisible.

Agree. It's not that he isn't excelling, it's that he's been brutal. He's not doing anything. I just want one of these guys to produce as expected, for once.

I guess there's Eichel. The list of appropriately successful and progressing recent draft picks seems to stop and end with him.

Let me put it this way...Nylander has 4 points in 12 AHL games. Matt Moulson had 4 points in 1 AHL game.

The AHL is significantly slower and less skilled than the NHL. He should be tearing up, instead he's been invisible.

Optimistically, you could chalk it up to injury and learning the pro game, pessimistically he is a huge bust and will never succeed as he doesn't have the drive. I'd say either is likely as the other. Let's just hope for the first scenario.

Optimistically, you could chalk it up to injury and learning the pro game, pessimistically he is a huge bust and will never succeed as he doesn't have the drive. I'd say either is likely as the other. Let's just hope for the first scenario.

Time will tell

Nylander is a huge question mark. He needs to be sent to WJrs. Let him get time with guys his own age and gain some confidence back.

Yep but he's also playing with Kevin Porter and Seth Griffith so he should at the very least be getting points just from touching the puck no and again. And he's barely doing that. Please let this kid figure it out.

Yep but he's also playing with Kevin Porter and Seth Griffith so he should at the very least be getting points just from touching the puck no and again. And he's barely doing that. Please let this kid figure it out.

Agree. We can not afford to have a pick that high not amount to anything. Our draft record does not lend confidence.

I am as skeptical about Nylander — mostly because he was a GMTM selection — as the next guy, but I think it’s too early to tell yet. He missed a few months, including all of camp with a new coach and new system, with what seems like a pretty significant injury and is just getting back.

I think we need to see how he looks in, say, the last 20 games or so of the AHL season before coming to any conclusions.

Now Reino, OTOH...

I don’t mind if Jbot rotates some of these guys through for the season, a few games here or a few games there, as a reward for good play in Roch. However, I want him to keep that lineup in Roch intact as much as possible to give them the best chance to make and do some damage in the Calder playoffs.

The Sabres aren’t going anywhere but tp the golf course. The more prospects that gain playoff experience, the better it is for the Sabres long-term.

Any thought of Percy getting called up for a look see?

Edited by Georgia Flakt

@BuffaloSabres
#Sabres lines this morning:
Kane-Eichel-Pominville
Pouliot-O’Reilly-Okposo
Nolan-Josefson-Rodrigues
Girgensons-Larsson-Reinhart
Fasching, Wilson extras

Scandella-Ristolainen
Beaulieu-Bogosian
McCabe-Antipin
Gorges-Falk

From Eichel's last performance, 2 goals and 1 assist occurred when Kane was on the ice with him so I'm not surprised they put them back together