Marty Biron joins broadcast team

That Aud Smell

BN reports Biron will replace Brad May.

I actually had lunch with Brad May when Buffalo was playing the Leafs in Toronto last year. He was with his dad on the parent trip and I told May that I thought Marty was doing an amazing job when he was on the radio. He then says to me....let's hope he doesn't do too good of a job or I might be out of one - whoops

People actually liked May on the broadcast team? I am amazed by that. The guy constantly looked like a deer in headlights on camera and stringing together coherent thoughts seemed to be a challenge for him. I'm happy they're making this change.

I don't mind Marty, and I think judging people by their accent is incredibly shallow. Marty seems to at least have a presence, which will be refreshing change to the black-hole of personality that May brought to the broadcast. I always got the feeling that May was there because he wanted to give it a shot. Marty has been working as an analyst/broadcaster for awhile now and the pre/post game show will be better.

Great news!

I like Biron, and when he did a few games last season i thought he did a real good job at providing entertainment and analysis. I do agree, on radio he is sometimes hard to listen to because he gets off topic so much and talks for long periods of time without truly making a point. But if you listen to that show, it's pretty much nonsense all day long with Peters and Rivet anyways so Biron kind of fits what they're looking for. 

I wasn't a big Brad May fan on the TV though. I don't think he really brought much to the broadcast.

Marty seems so straight laced that I bet he never uses the Quebec slag swear words.

I am brushing up on my french with my wife as instructor and that is where we started.

If Marty gets worked up into a lather it will all flow out of him.  It has to be in there somewhere.  Now, that would be awesome to hear.

Marty seems so straight laced that I bet he never uses the Quebec slag swear words.

I am brushing up on my french with my wife as instructor and that is where we started.

If Marty gets worked up into a lather it will all flow out of him. It has to be in there somewhere. Now, that would be awesome to hear.

I thought May was pretty bad at times.

Totally agree with this. May struggled with English quite a bit. It wouldn't shock me if you told me he was drunk some of the time on air.

I hear Denis Lemieux every time.

"You don't do dat. You do dat and you go to da box for two minutes. You feel great shame. Den you get free."

I also agree with this...it's frequently with me when I hear him talk. I assume it'll pass. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.