Marty Biron joins broadcast team

That Aud Smell

People actually liked May on the broadcast team? I am amazed by that. The guy constantly looked like a deer in headlights on camera and stringing together coherent thoughts seemed to be a challenge for him. I'm happy they're making this change.

I don't mind Marty, and I think judging people by their accent is incredibly shallow. Marty seems to at least have a presence, which will be refreshing change to the black-hole of personality that May brought to the broadcast. I always got the feeling that May was there because he wanted to give it a shot. Marty has been working as an analyst/broadcaster for awhile now and the pre/post game show will be better.

I don't think anybody is making assumptions about his character based on his accent.

I like Marty, don't know him personally, but he seems like a nice guy.   I enjoy his takes, he has some good insight, always has something to say... seems loose and easy going, probably was a great guy to have in the locker room and on the bench.

That said, I'd rather listen to cats crying than have to hear him speak for 3 hours.   

Buffalo is an American team and everybody in the broadcast booth is Canadian.    Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you'd think the target audience would be taken into consideration when picking these guys. 

Edited by pi2000

hahahaha what? 

Buffalo est une équipe américaine et tout le monde dans le poste de diffusion est canadien. Non pas qu'il y ait quelque chose de mal à cela, mais vous pensez que le public cible serait pris en considération lors de la sélection de ces gars.

I don't think anybody is making assumptions about his character based on his accent.

I like Marty, don't know him personally, but he seems like a nice guy.   I enjoy his takes, he has some good insight, always has something to say... seems loose and easy going, probably was a great guy to have in the locker room and on the bench.

That said, I'd rather listen to cats crying than have to hear him speak for 3 hours.   

Buffalo is an American team and everybody in the broadcast booth is Canadian.    Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you'd think the target audience would be taken into consideration when picking these guys. 

We literally have a statue of three French Canadian guys outside the arena. We have grain elevators made up to look like giant Labatt's cans. We can't go two blocks without seeing a Tim Hortons. 

How much more Canadian do we have to be? 

Buffalo est une équipe américaine et tout le monde dans le poste de diffusion est canadien. Non pas qu'il y ait quelque chose de mal à cela, mais vous pensez que le public cible serait pris en considération lors de la sélection de ces gars.

well when they start doing the broadcast in French, I might give an actual that the Broadcast team is Canadian. 

We literally have a statue of three French Canadian guys outside the arena. We have grain elevators made up to look like giant Labatt's cans. We can't go two blocks without seeing a Tim Hortons. 

Universal health care would be nice. 

UNAMERICAN!

Buffalo should just move to Canadia. 

A large part of their target audience is Southern Ontario, so there you go, eh.

We could lose 5 straight CFL championships. Really up the ante 

A CFL team based in Baltimore did win the Gray Cup one year, so why not have the Bills lose 5 in a row.

Heathen! Witch! Burn him at the stake! :P

+1

UNAMERICAN!

Buffalo should just move to Canadia.

Seconded! :p

I don't think May was terrible. He seemed drunk at times and my wife would often comment that he looked like he dressed in the dark.

Duff seemed confused about what he was actually trying to say at times and I was right there with him. I like the guy. He'd be fun to have some beers with. That is unless he wants to play knuckles.

Will he be included in the actual live action calls of the games or is it a studio role?  Ray needs to be in a more minimized role.  He's better suited for being the third guy like he originally was when he joined up with them.  That's not to say that he's a fit for that role either, but he's better off there than doing color.

yes, released just like May....I started watching other teams broadcast because I can't listen to Ray try to speak

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.