Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Oh. That's an automatic though.

i know, but in perspective, it's the same thing given out for the slash. Is it really comparable that some guy turned around and took 2 steps back after getting instigated to go back on the ice after a fight? And then have the guy who antagonized it get only 1 game?

The nhl has always been all over the map on their punishments

And if you watched the broadcast on sportsnet here in Ontario, it was the Detroit feed and they spent most of the game talking about it or bringing it up

Edited by apuszczalowski

What is up with all the carey price being traded rumours ?

Not following it much but just read some more about those on HF.   

Carries a $10.5M cap hit until he's 38, and is a chronically injured goalie. Good ###### luck :lol: :lol:

Edited by WildCard

Something to do about his wife wanting out of Montreal after he cheated on her or something to.

Yeah that's not exactly going to change if he moves. Also have a feeling that if he's cheating on you, he doesn't care about you enough to try and force that big of a change

“Well, Brad Treliving and Peter Chiarelli watched the Buffalo game last night,” indicated Dreger. “And I know that Jason Botterill at least spent some of that game talking with his two fellow general managers. And Edmonton for certain is looking for a defenseman. I think that Buffalo would like to add a defenseman as well, but they’ve got Zach Bogosian, who is real close to coming off injury. He should be practicing with the team later this week. So best case scenario, maybe 10 days. Ristolainen is coming back. So help is on its way in Buffalo from a defensive perspective. So Edmonton is looking for a defenseman, and that doesn’t fit Buffalo’s needs.

“A lot of people swirling around the Columbus Blue Jackets and Ryan Murray. We seem to want to talk about Ryan Murray almost on an annual basis now, from a trade perspective. No question the Blue Jackets and Colorado Avalanche had multiple conversations about Duchene because that’s what Columbus is looking for. Columbus is looking for a centerman and it’s believed that Ryan Murray would have been part of that deal.

“But things have changed a little bit. So let’s go back to the draft in Chicago. I know Columbus was willing to consider a top pick for Ryan Murray. Now they want player-for-player, and they’re in the market for a center. Is it Ryan Nugent-Hopkins out of Edmonton. Who might it be. Right now Nuge is playing great hockey for the Oilers, so I don’t think they’re interested in parting with him.

“But my sense is the asking price – if it’s Ryan Murray, or for most defenseman that the Oilers have some interest in – is still too high.”

Dreger shifted toward his thoughts on the Canadiens.

“It’s a tough one to nail down exactly,” he considered. “Right now Montreal is also looking for a defenseman. They’d like to add a center. The needs of the Montreal Canadiens are almost the same as they were before they made the big move in acquiring Jonathan Drouin. And this is not a slight against Drouin. His productivity is down, but many believe that that’s because he’s a better winger than he is a center. But in Montreal, if you put Jonathan Drouin on the wing, who’s playing center for him. They don’t have a No. 1. They don’t have a No. 2. And then you can kind of debate their No. 3 after that.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/dreger-shares-thoughts-on-nhl-trade-possibilities/

Treliving was at both the Carolina-Buffalo game and the Columbus-Buffalo game.

Bennett has been rumored to be in the doghouse. Calgary has a decent D prospect pool. They need help on wing, specifically top 2 line LW scoring.

Anything we have come to mind?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.