Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Re Danny Paille, some somewhat encouraging news (and inevitable humour) from a Google-translated news report from a Swedish (?) publication:

After the brutal assault of Mannheim player Thomas Larkin, the first reassuring message about Brynä star Daniel Paille was given. On Wednesday morning, Paille was investigated - and now new tasks are coming.

"He has incurred a concussion and is missing at least one week," confirms Brynäs sports director Stefan Bengtzén of SVT Sport.

It was Mannheim's United States-born Italian national teamman Thomas Larkin who stood for what everyone describes as a real assault.

"Disaster, one can kill someone on that show." We are supposed to play elite riders, but this is "Kalle Anka-level", says Brynäs sports director Stefan Bengtzén about the tackle that gave a stupid end to the match. .

- I tried to talk with their coach afterwards but all he said was "###### !, ###### !, ######!". There was no point, Bengtzén continues to DG.

"Ugly stuff"

Even Brynäs coach Tommy Sjödin saw the Germans describing the incident as among the worst he saw.

- It's ugly stuff that. But I'm not surprised that it happens to just a German team. They have many "wannabe-NHL players" who come to Europe and show stuff, says Tommy Sjödin.

Brynäs won the match with 2-1 and is on to quarter final in CHL.

Feel like that can't last.

It won't, but plenty of teams have much better injury luck than the Sabres.

For whatever reason, I don't know why, the Sabres are seemingly always near the top of the man-games lost list. What the Sabres experience on the regular is fairly unusual for a good many teams.

It's why I am so adamantly against the "injury excuse" when it arises: we are always going to be dealing with them.

:flirt:

Feel like that can't last.

I've lived in Ontario my entire life but I can't believe the noise about Matthews missing a game. Suck it up princesses!

Imagine if he had a high ankle sprain.

Easy to imagine.  For Sabres fans anyway.

Edited by Doohickie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.