Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Good stuff. Both of those coaches also got us to a winning record at 9-7, then left.

Not just that, they are the only two coaches to get us to 9-7 during the drought.  Slight point of clarification, though: Mularkey hit 9-7 in his first season.  He bailed the next year following a 5-11 season.

Can't wait to hear Schopp today talk about how interesting the Browns are and how he envies all their cap space and draft pics.

We can thank the Browns somewhat.  If they were 8-8, the Ravens would have won the strength of victory tiebreaker and we'd be sitting on the outside.  Thanks for sucking, Browns, I guess?

Not just that, they are the only two coaches to get us to 9-7 during the drought.  Slight point of clarification, though: Mularkey hit 9-7 in his first season.  He bailed the next year following a 5-11 season.

We can thank the Browns somewhat.  If they were 8-8, the Ravens would have won the strength of victory tiebreaker and we'd be sitting on the outside.  Thanks for sucking, Browns, I guess?

:lol:

Bills Win% 2000-14: 39%. Bills Win% 2015-17 w/ Tyrod: 52%. And one playoff berth. The only one this millennium. Cool legacy to leave, I think.

We all (I think?) want better at the QB position than Tyrod, and also know that we need to get better to have a reasonable expectation of Super Bowl contention. But, lord help me, I agree with Schopp: Tyrod is generally underappreciated. Maybe the playoff birth changes the perception of what he brings? I'm skeptical, but hopeful.

7qbs will not be taken b4 Buffalo drafts

Yeah doubt that to, but there are at least 8 teams ahead of the bilIs i can see needing a QB.

Thing is I can't even see baker mayfield drop to the bills, and Darnold still has to decide what to do.

Best bet for the bills is to go after Cousins I think if you want a somewhat decent QB next year.

Edited by blåbär

Travis YostVerified account @travisyost 32m32 minutes ago

More

Bills Win% 2000-14: 39%. Bills Win% 2015-17 w/ Tyrod: 52%. And one playoff berth. The only one this millennium. Cool legacy to leave, I think.

We all (I think?) want better at the QB position than Tyrod, and also know that we need to get better to have a reasonable expectation of Super Bowl contention. But, lord help me, I agree with Schopp: Tyrod is generally underappreciated. Maybe the playoff birth changes the perception of what he brings? I'm skeptical, but hopeful.

Tyrod is absolutely underrated. I'm going to buy his jersey when they cut him and I will wear it with pride for the next decade. Dude is super likeable and he's the best we've had in a very long time.

Tyrod is absolutely underrated. I'm going to buy his jersey when they cut him and I will wear it with pride for the next decade. Dude is super likeable and he's the best we've had in a very long time.

Yeah, that's the move.

Are you people really acting like it's a coincidence that Casey Mittelstadt puts on a Bills jersey for a hockey game and two days later the Bills make the playoffs?

... holy you're right.

With how bad our offensive line is (Football Outsiders has it ranked at 28th in run and 30th in pass), I feel like Tyrod is a top 5 QB given the situation. He needs his magical legs just to make plays even happen.

Those first 5 picks, at least 2 should be offensive linemen.

I was at a family-oriented NYE celebration at a local rink from about 6:00-10:00.  Tried not to be too obvious about checking the scores, so the Miami comeback was concerning, but probably not as much as it would have had I seen the onside kick recovery.  My daughter wanted ice cream about the time that that the Bengals started their drive (Bills' game was done), so I got to watch it on the bar/restaurant TV's.  The place erupted when the Bengals scored.  It was awesome!

Such an exciting ending to both games.  Miami makes it tight and is driving to knock the Bills out ... Bills intercept.  Ravens take the lead and their defense is holding strong ... Bengals get a 4th down touchdown pass from near midfield.  Ravens get the ball back with plenty of time to win ... 4th down play comes up just a foot or two short.  All that and Kyle Williams scored a rushing touchdown!  Crazy!!

Just FYI, if anyone is interested in passing on some good mojo, Bills fans are donating $17 to the Andy Dalton Foundation as a thank you.

http://www.andydalton.org/

"The mission of the Andy & Jordan Dalton Foundation is to provide daily support, opportunities, resources and life-changing experiences to seriously ill and physically challenged children and their families in Cincinnati and Fort Worth."

My favourite part is listening to all the whiny analysts on TSN eat crow after they said the Bills wouldn't make it. Still butt hurt over Buffalo having success, I guess.

They still haven't recovered from the Super Bowl years.

Opponents released for 2018 season

Home: Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Los Angeles Chargers

Away: Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Baltimore Ravens

Opponents released for 2018 season

Home: Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Los Angeles Chargers

Away: Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Baltimore Ravens

I will personally hunt down the first person to use this as any kind of gauge on what our record will be next season.

I watched the game yesterday with the New Orleans Bills Backers. Probably 80 people packed into a room watching on the big screen. So much fun. Was a crazy scene when the Bengals scored on 4th and 13. The videos on Facebook are awesome (https://www.facebook.com/groups/136106273155570/). It was a scene I'll never forget!

I will personally hunt down the first person to use this as any kind of gauge on what our record will be next season.

Based on strength of schedule, opponents injury history, historic records, I'll go a solid 9-7 with a slight possibility of 8-8, depending on talent infusion.

Oh, if your going to "hunt me down" I'd prefer you wear fishnet stockings. And please, shave your legs INCLUDING THE ANKLES!!!

Thanks.