Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Are you people really acting like it's a coincidence that Casey Mittelstadt puts on a Bills jersey for a hockey game and two days later the Bills make the playoffs?

:lol:

:worthy:

The last time Buffalo won a championship of any kind, I was 2 3.  That would be the 1964 1965 AFL Championship, the last one before the Super Bowl era.

(EDITED per JujuFish's correction below)

Not just the Beauts & the Bandits, the Stampede won as well. ;)

My son and I were on our way home having just watched Team USA pull off a last minute win against Finland.  We listened to the end of the game and then got to listen to Bulldog basically go speechless when the Bengals scored and the game ended.  It was pretty cool to be driving down 90 and listening to it take place.

I'm nowhere near the football fan I was when I was growing up in Buffalo but it's nice to have the team making the playoffs and getting people happy.

My older boy & I were at the Denmark Slovakia game. There's a TV on the lower level behind one of the goals & the Bills game & then the Cincy game was on. The people near the TV erupted after Dalton converted the 4th down. My son & a young woman were both giving me updates from their phones. Good times.

Unfortunately, didn't get to hear Denmark's goal song. It'd already played by the time we got there. Bummer. Slovakia's was the 2nd best (after Finland's).

Bills Win% 2000-14: 39%. Bills Win% 2015-17 w/ Tyrod: 52%. And one playoff berth. The only one this millennium. Cool legacy to leave, I think.

We all (I think?) want better at the QB position than Tyrod, and also know that we need to get better to have a reasonable expectation of Super Bowl contention. But, lord help me, I agree with Schopp: Tyrod is generally underappreciated. Maybe the playoff birth changes the perception of what he brings? I'm skeptical, but hopeful.

Highly (and irrationally) underappreciated, IMHO.

What if McCoy is out or severely limited -- and TT ekes out a W anyway? 

It could happen. 

Are you people really acting like it's a coincidence that Casey Mittelstadt puts on a Bills jersey for a hockey game and two days later the Bills make the playoffs?

Very nice.

Just FYI, if anyone is interested in passing on some good mojo, Bills fans are donating $17 to the Andy Dalton Foundation as a thank you.

http://www.andydalton.org/

"The mission of the Andy & Jordan Dalton Foundation is to provide daily support, opportunities, resources and life-changing experiences to seriously ill and physically challenged children and their families in Cincinnati and Fort Worth."

Outstanding.

Based on strength of schedule, opponents injury history, historic records, I'll go a solid 9-7 with a slight possibility of 8-8, depending on talent infusion.

Oh, if your going to "hunt me down" I'd prefer you wear fishnet stockings. And please, shave your legs INCLUDING THE ANKLES!!!

Thanks.

As a fellow anti-schedule result predicting advocate, I'd like to detail why True said what he did. Every. Single. Season. This happens. Message board yahoo's try to give a game by game win loss breakdown when it never comes remotely close to panning out. I'm not going to go through each game but the results of the Bills schedule were almost 100% opposite of the expected results. No one thought we could beat the Broncos or Cheifs, yet they did. The Chargers were supposed to be a doormat but our head coach decided it was a good idea to start a late round draft pick in place of his starter at QB because "he knew better". Predicting this stuff is a fools errand, yet every year fools keep lining up to give their take.

Romo is the best color analyst in the game.

Mostly because I say something and then he says exactly what I just said, and I love to hear myself talk.

He sounds like an old, doddering coach. I honestly thought he was Jim Mora the first time I heard him.

It's absolutely awesome that the Sabres are playing at the same time as the Bills this coming Sunday. I mean who could have anticipated the Bills would be playing in January.

Even so, it wouldn't have been too hard to schedule around the possibilities. It's as if the NHL has no clue how to do anything.

It's absolutely awesome that the Sabres are playing at the same time as the Bills this coming Sunday. I mean who could have anticipated the Bills would be playing in January.

Even so, it wouldn't have been too hard to schedule around the possibilities. It's as if the NHL has no ###### clue how to do anything.

How would the NHL know that, first the Bills make the playoffs, and second their game is scheduled by the NFL for Sunday @ 1PM ? 

There is still a chance they could move the Sabres to 4pm. 

Edited by Gramps

How would the NHL know that, first the Bills make the playoffs, and second their game is scheduled by the NFL for Sunday @ 1PM ? 

Why are they scheduling games at 1pm on a Sunday during the NFL season at all? It's just dumb.

Why are they scheduling games at 1pm on a Sunday during the NFL season at all? It's just dumb.

You could say the same thing about Saturdays during the NFL season. TV ratings and arena schedules are probably the prime drivers. 

I was away, and mostly offline, for the holidays.

The events of NYE and the Bills were immediately among the best experiences I've had as a sports fan. Top-10, for sure -- possibly top-5? Whatever.

Just, joy. Fun. And, yes, some tears.

+++

OTOH, I read this and just palm smacked my forehead. (It was from a broadcast interview on WGRZ.)  I'm done thinking that there's any real hope for the guy. I'm much more in "blind squirrels find chestnuts too" mode.

The first guy Pegula felt good for was RUSS ###### BRANDON? Not Williams, Wood, Shady, TT, etc

Edited by That Aud Smell

Its a mather of BPA, with those 4 and rudolph most likely gone by the time the bills pick, I would use a 2nd rounder on a QB.

The key is to not reach on a QB. Make your board and if your guy is gone take the next guy on your list. I agree with you about taking a QB in the 2nd if that is the case. 

Its a mather of BPA, with those 4 and rudolph most likely gone by the time the bills pick, I would use a 2nd rounder on a QB.

Yep - If 4 teams draft a qb before the Bills pick, a standout player at another position will be available.  Take a qb in the 2nd round.  Hoping the Bills don't trade a pick(s) to move up in the draft.  

There is still a chance they could move the Sabres to 4pm.

It's not rocket surgery here. The NFL has their playoff games at the same time, same days every year. It would not have been hard to avoid.

ESPN power rankings have the Bills at 14th :lol:

The Bills, after starting 5-1, went 4-6 for the rest of the season. I think that's called "coasting in", where the, for instance, Chargers are a better team right now if you're going by recent records.