Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

ESPN power rankings have the Bills at 14th :lol:

I understand why you post this in jest but I'm not sure they are wrong. This team is very mediocre. Great job squeaking into the playoffs but they need about 20 good players to become a good team.

The Bills, after starting 5-1, went 4-6 for the rest of the season. I think that's called "coasting in", where the, for instance, Chargers are a better team right now if you're going by recent records.

I understand why you post this in jest but I'm not sure they are wrong. This team is very mediocre. Great job squeaking into the playoffs but they need about 20 good players to become a good team.

I don't think they are wrong, but we made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years dammit. Put us in the top 12

The best part about seeing McDermott lead the Bills to the playoffs? The ######tards that wanted to see the Bible thumping wrestler fail are silent. Suck it!!

And ###### you very much too, buddy. McDermott is still an idiot for benching Taylor against the Chargers but the Bills will be in the playoffs for the first time since I was 19 years old so hats offs to them getting in. He owes Andy Dalton and Tyler Boyd his paycheck for saving his bacon.

Special thanks to Tyrod Taylor, who despite being severely unappreciated by this fan base, managed to put together a very solid season and helping to end the playoff drought that has lasted since the Clinton Administration.

Edited by Alkoholist

And ###### you very much too, buddy. McDermott is still an idiot for benching Taylor against the Chargers but the Bills will be in the playoffs for the first time since I was 19 years old so hats offs to them getting in. He owes Andy Dalton and Tyler Boyd his paycheck for saving his bacon.

Special thanks to Tyrod Taylor, who despite being severely unappreciated by this fan base, managed to put together a very solid season and helping to end the playoff drought that has lasted since the Clinton Administration.

I firmly believe that the Bills weren't winning that Chargers game, in all events.

A breath-taking amount of good fortune was needed for this team to qualify for the playoffs. But, whatever. I'll take it without any further analysis.*

* If only also to note that the team made enough personnel moves earlier in the year that there was talk of tanking. McDermott deserves full credit for wringing 9 wins out of this squad. There is something to be said for the ... wait ... yes, I'll say it ... culture that he created and fostered.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I firmly believe that the Bills weren't winning that Chargers game, in all events.

A breath-taking amount of good fortune was needed for this team to qualify for the playoffs. But, whatever. I'll take it without any further analysis.*

* If only also to note that the team made enough personnel moves earlier in the year that there was talk of tanking. McDermott deserves full credit for wringing 9 wins out of this squad. There is something to be said for the ... wait ... yes, I'll say it ... culture that he created and fostered.

I agree that he deserves some credit, but Hank's post got under my skin, especially given that I got warned (and pointed) by nFreeman for my comments regarding McSoulcollector and his faith based decision making. I don't imagine Hank will suffer the same fate. Funny how that works. Kind of like how it was open season to criticize every decision made by Obama for years and then the Orange one gets elected and it's magically time to shut down political discussion.

The wrestler certainly did way better than I expected though. Good for him. If he can win us a Super Bowl, I might even be willing to take down my shrine to Lord Mittelstadt and replace it with one to him. Everyone get your prayer beads ready.  

I agree that he deserves some credit, but Hank's post got under my skin, especially given that I got warned (and pointed) by nFreeman for my comments regarding McSoulcollector and his faith based decision making. I don't imagine Hank will suffer the same fate. Funny how that works. Kind of like how it was open season to criticize every decision made by Obama for years and then the Orange one gets elected and it's magically time to shut down political discussion.

The wrestler certainly did way better than I expected though. Good for him. If he can win us a Super Bowl, I might even be willing to take down my shrine to Lord Mittelstadt and replace it with one to him. Everyone get your prayer beads ready.  

It got under my skin too, but I (probably wisely) decided to leave it alone since no one else replied. I'd say it was mightily Christian of me to turn the other cheek to Hank's slings and arrows. :)

It got under my skin too, but I (probably wisely) decided to leave it alone since no one else replied. I'd say it was mightily Christian of me to turn the other cheek to Hank's slings and arrows. :)

I was ignoring it because it was obviously bait and I have no time for that crap.

I've done a complete 180 on this. Listening to Deion Sanders on Sunday (who once you get past his style is probably the best football analyst out there), he said that he did some research (i.e., asked some Bills off the record for their opinion on it). He said it was probably the right decision at the time and actually acted as a wake up call not only TT, but many others on the team.

Edited by TräskB

I've done a complete 180 on this. Listening to Deion Sanders on Sunday (who once you get past his style is probably the best football analyst out there), he said that he did some research (i.e., asked some Bills off the record for their opinion on it). He said it was probably the right decision at the time and actually acted as a wake up call not only TT, but many others on the team.

Saw that take too. Which is amazing because Dion Sanders is 10000% a moron

I've mostly abandoned my "faith-based" angle of skepticism with McDermott. Whatever I may think of that particular world view, it matters not. What matters is whether McDermott can sell what he's preaching to his team. And I think he can and does. 

Put maybe another way: Would my intellectualized, ironic, skeptical outlook on the world tend to galvanize and motivate an NFL roster? Most certainly not. 

Interesting.

Saw that take too. Which is amazing because Dion Sanders is 10000% a moron

I couldn't disagree more.

Edit:He probably is a moron, but his takes on football are often pretty brilliant.

Edited by TräskB

A friend of mine said the same thing. I still think it was a boneheaded decision but even back when it happened I predicted that Taylor would play better once he got another chance. 6 TDs (2 rushing and 4 passing, plus a couple that should have counted that got overturned) against only 2 turnovers since he's been back under center.

Either way it's a complete travesty that half the fan base wants him gone just so the Bills can hand the reigns to one of the handful of QBs they want us to draft next year. It just boggles the mind. 

And for the record, I'm still fine with them drafting a QB. I just don't want the rookie playing until he can beat out Taylor in a QB competition and I think it's highly unlikely that any rookie would.

Yeah I decided to ignore that post completely, my reply wouldn't have been a welcome addition to this forum :p

Sean essentially pulled the goalie? Cool.

Sports doesn't belong in polotics.

Politics don't belong in sports.

One is entertainment value, the other is a very serious subject matter.

After all, in the course of my lifetime (47 years), I've truly enjoyed the improv standup routines of Reagan (definitely the last of the clean comedy from the greatest generation), Clinton (how could you not love the "I did not have sex with that woman" skit), Both Bush's fell like a dry Dennis Miller routine, the audiences sat speechless either trying to read lips or throwing the occasional slipper at them. Obama, yea, he had that improv mojo, but you just knew like the rest of them, His stories had the same "you know I'm just bullshitting" closing one liners.

Then there's this walking cheeto as some call him. Not a fan of his stage entrance and opening act, but, his material has actually surprised me. I'll give him a pass until the closing act. On a side note, he's definitely tapped into a new online audience like no one I've seen before. If nothing else.

Now, on to the serious subjects, for us here in Buffalo It's hockey and football

........so how bout them Bills eh.....

Sports doesn't belong in polotics.

Politics don't belong in sports.

One is entertainment value, the other is a very serious subject matter.

After all, in the course of my lifetime (47 years), I've truly enjoyed the improv standup routines of Reagan (definitely the last of the clean comedy from the greatest generation), Clinton (how could you not love the "I did not have sex with that woman" skit), Both Bush's fell like a dry Dennis Miller routine, the audiences sat speechless either trying to read lips or throwing the occasional slipper at them. Obama, yea, he had that improv mojo, but you just knew like the rest of them, His stories had the same "you know I'm just bullshitting" closing one liners.

Then there's this walking cheeto as some call him. Not a fan of his stage entrance and opening act, but, his material has actually surprised me. I'll give him a pass until the closing act. On a side note, he's definitely tapped into a new online audience like no one I've seen before. If nothing else.

Now, on to the serious subjects, for us here in Buffalo It's hockey and football

........so how bout them Bills eh.....

I don't agree with this. Athletes can use their status and podiums for good like charity all the time. Why can't the use them for politics

I don't agree with this. Athletes can use their status and podiums for good like charity all the time. Why can't the use them for politics

I know some feel this way but both have been intertwined for years. Its a show of strength internationally and internal debate for years. Niave when politicians wrap themselves around sports heros not to have high profile athletes who have an opinion express it. The hard part now is getting a handle on the speed at which all of this is communicated and any of its lasting implications. Still not sure anyone fully grasps it and it can be unnerving.

The Browns now hold the longest drought at 15 years. Is there any doubt they break our record of 17?

God. Browns fans. Every time I go home, we pop by a local sports bar. Last couple times I was there were Sundays, so I was in my Bills garb and they in their Browns attire. Even though we made the playoffs this year, there were lots of exchanged knowing glances and "I know how you feel, bud"'s which usually turned into talk about the Red Wings fall from grace and the Sabres just Sabre-ing. 

But most of those people are also OSU fans so they can suck it.