Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

Not so fast, indeed! Last year you were an early member of the anti-Bylsma task force. You, Eleven, and I, formed an unholy alliance to take down Bylsma and form an Internet criminal empire the likes of which the world has never seen! Now he bails on you, breaks your heart, and you're 50/50 on Bylsma? WE HAD A PACT!

Bunkeritis will do that to you 

Not so fast, indeed! Last year you were an early member of the anti-Bylsma task force. You, Eleven, and I, formed an unholy alliance to take down Bylsma and form an Internet criminal empire the likes of which the world has never seen! Now he bails on you, breaks your heart, and you're 50/50 on Bylsma? WE HAD A PACT!

It's all that mouse poop in his car vents. Making him crazy. 

I was promised everything south of Springville and north of Johnsonburg, PA. It wasn't delivered. Sorry.

At Christmas I travelled back home and was met by an Islanders fan and a leafs fan at my parents. Both greeted me with the Sabres are crap and I had to agree. I stopped the conversation with " I got nothing " and the ribbing finally stopped. Leafs and Islanders fans. Laughing at me. It was stomach turning but its what being a long time Sabres fan has become. We as a franchise are a joke. A footnote and a snicker for sportstalk radio shows and sportscasts alike. Never a feel good story , always one of loss or a failure to succeed. We have become Edmonton East folks and I'm not sure the people in charge are capable of leading us out of the wilderness. So if changing the coach this early into his tenure is what it takes then so be it. I've seen nothing in his bag of tricks that sets him apart or makes me want to defend him in any way. 

So will TP toss out two coaches in one holiday week?

I'm skeptical but at some point this can't continue.

Big part of me is still finding it hard to grasp that Bylsma could be canned less than two seasons into a 5 year contract with a team fresh off tanking two seasons...but star players get coaches fired all the time, and with Jack looking (to me) checked-out on the ice, and throwing temper tantrums after games...maybe?

I'd like to see some Michael Corleone, baptism scene stuff, here. Just axe a ton from both sides. But I'm not holding my breath for it.

Yep. Not many more qualified.

Get Terry to get the D more involved and let the forwards create a little more.

And demand more accountability from those not producing.

I still think they desperately need a puck moving D. If Fowler is still available, make it happen. Kane's value has to be pretty high right now.

I still think they desperately need a puck moving D. If Fowler is still available, make it happen. Kane's value has to be pretty high right now.

Yep, all of the better teams seem to be built around mobile puck moving defensemen these days. GMTM built a team for the way the game was played 10 years ago. We have Risto and McCabe and not much else.

I think we're in purgatory here. Dan's here for at least 12 more months. If we're sitting in this position a year from now, he's gone. I don't see it happening before then. I don't see Murray doing it and I don't see Terry pushing for it.

Is it the worst thing? In times of trouble didn't Darcy used to say something depressing like, "There's no help on the way. You guys figure it out."? (Then Lindy would say the hope tank is empty and it feels like we'll never win another game.) Good times. Well, maybe there's no help on the way right now and maybe that's OK. Is it a good precedent to set with a young team to let them off the hook by canning the coach one and a half seasons into his tenure?