Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

Bylsma is turning a highly talented offensive team into a team with no identity, no offensive imagination, no offensive confidence, and no wins...

This dude is NOT the right coach for this team.  The sooner he leaves the faster we can start actually improving...we are just spinning our wheels with him right now.

I think you are making my point for me. Just because the players aren't flying 100 mph doesn't mean they lack effort. They may be playing exactly as their coach wants them to. We like to write the narrative based on the results. It's just never that easy.

I'll admit I'm no expert on breaking down hockey film. But I know what I see, guys getting beat to the puck in their end because they are stationary and have no momentum. If that's a strategy it doesn't look effective.

I'll admit I'm no expert on breaking down hockey film. But I know what I see, guys getting beat to the puck in their end because they are stationary and have no momentum. If that's a strategy it doesn't look effective.

I may be wrong. But when that stretch pass doesn't immediately come because they're so low-percentage to begin with, and Bogo/Risto/whoever doesn't make it right away because of a blocked lane, those wingers have to stop (otherwise they end up a mile offside.) When the pass finally does come, the players are stopped and can only chip because they get pressed. They then have zero initial velocity to give them a chance to win that race. I think it has everything to do with the transition game they are supposed to play.

Edited by Randall Flagg

This quote, right here, to me, is what's wrong with Bylsma in a nutshell:

"It was all puck management and turnovers. Through two periods, we gave them nine odd-man rushes." - Sabres' Bylsma

The man honestly and truly doesn't give a lick about generating offense. I'm not saying sloppy play with the puck leading to turnovers isn't a problem, but when you're scoring 1 goal a game with a healthy roster, would it freaking kill you to talk about generating some offense? I'm asking this in all seriousness: when was the last time Bylsma said the team had to generate more chances to win?

It will be Terry Murray, not Gallant.
Has anyone heard any actually rumours in the media, beyond the unruly Internet fan base?

To quote my favourite Swede, I so ###### ready!

I haven't heard a thing.

Bye, bye, Dan.

Not sure if it's your fault, but you gotta go.

Welcome aboard! :beer:

Honestly, when was the last time the board was this unified about anything? Firing Regier towards the end?

This quote, right here, to me, is what's wrong with Bylsma in a nutshell:

"It was all puck management and turnovers. Through two periods, we gave them nine odd-man rushes." - Sabres' Bylsma

The man honestly and truly doesn't give a lick about generating offense. I'm not saying sloppy play with the puck leading to turnovers isn't a problem, but when you're scoring 1 goal a game with a healthy roster, would it freaking kill you to talk about generating some offense? I'm asking this in all seriousness: when was the last time Bylsma said the team had to generate more chances to win?

I haven't heard a thing.

Welcome aboard! :beer:

Honestly, when was the last time the board was this unified about anything? Firing Regier towards the end?

Yup...its hard to out-defense the other team and win 1-0 when that happens...

:w00t:

That's funny.  He's not the guy, but that's funny.

It took him less than a season and a half to do it.  Lindy needed 16 years to get to that point.

No, Lindy lost the players ~3x before getting the pink slip. He also, in between those points, got more out of that bunch than could reasonably be expected by anyone. He's the best playoff coach they ever had, & it isn't close. Unfortunately, there's no way he couldn't lose the tankish crew. Heck, Rolston had them playing well at the end of that 1st year, which Ruff couldn't do. Of course, next year he had less talent & his "system" which was basically a tire fire on ice. "Suffering" indeed. (#### Darcy & the horse he rode out on. We're still "suffering." ####head.)

Meanwhile over in Columbus, a team that finished 5 points worse than Buffalo last year, 2nd last in the Eastern Conference is currently on a 12 game winning streak and has the most points in the NHL, after having demolished Pittsburgh, who has the 2nd most points in the NHL,  7-1 yesterday...this team also put up a 10 spot on Montreal earlier in the year to hand them their first loss...

17 goals in 2 games? That would take us at least 10 games to hit that total...

I'm no fan of Tortorella, but he is getting more than could be expected from them right now.  

So you look at Tortorella getting more than could be expected and then compare it to Bylsma getting far less than could be expected...big difference

Edited by matter2003