Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

Absolutely not. Find me a post where somebody asserts the roster construction is complete and we're ready to compete for a Cup. Find it, I beg you.

We don't have everything we need.

We do have enough players to not be dead-last in scoring when not on the peeper. To not be unable to control the puck against any opponent, good or bad. 

Either Jack carries, or a defenseman stretches. Boston decides to start playing, and our players are fully aware that they won't get the puck back and when they do, players won't be where they need to be to efficiently move it up the ice with control. We lose it, Boston takes it, moves up the ice as a unit, knows how to actually play hockey, and the game is over like I called before the 3rd even started.

I'm talking about having enough talent to win this game. The Rat, kragjdktchi, and Bergeron,... And Rask? Yeah, they're pretty good.

DD doesn't even start the game with our top line, from the first minute he's worried about match ups versus making our opponent worry about matching their shutdown line with our top line. This is a pet peeve of mine.

Further, put Jack on the PK for Christ sake, his speed will change the dynamic because the defenders will have to worry about a shorty. The pk can't get any worse.

Edited by Beer

Every single game is the same under this head coach

Except the last 2 have been reverse of the previous 7 or so. Play the 1st & slowly sleepwalk the rest of the way. It seems like it'll be more entertaining, but by the end it's the same old DB.

If they suffer their 1st ever season sweeping by the B's, they need a new coach by NY's day.

The adrenalin of getting Eichel back had them on a 7 of 10 pace initially on his return (which these guys aren't good enough to sustain over 80) but they SHOULD be a 6 of 10 team (especially w/ loser points available). They aren't there. They're closer to 4 of 10. That 3-4 points wasted every 5 games falls on someone. Bye, bye Dan.

Hot take alert: The Buffalo Bills are closer to being a playoff team than the Buffalo Sabres.

Defend that, Bylsma lovers!!!!! :nana:

In 2011 Terry Pegula bought the Sabres, and they made a miraculous run and clinched a playoff spot. Sometime in that stretch, disillusioned by the hanging onto Lindy and Regier, I made a bet with my friend that the Bills would win a playoff game before the Sabres won a playoff series. He laughed at me and took it easily. 

Joke's on him, my adolescent cynicism towards how TPegs would run the Sabres was correct. 

Joke's on me, that was almost 6 years ago and they're both still flailing aimlessly. 

It's been more than a calendar year (Dec 26, 2015) since the Sabres won vs the hated Bruins.   Bylsma's team has a 1-5 record against them or a 0.166 W%

Ted Nolan's coached team, from Nov 13 2013 thru the final "tank" year, with some terrible players on the roster (Ville Friggin' Leino for cryin' out loud!) played the Bruins 8 times, and has a 3-5 record, or a  0.375 W%.

The Bruins were a better team then, too!

Bylsma should be sacked - plain and simple.   How can he get a pass on this?    That type of record against Boston (now 5 losses in a row)  should be unacceptable. If Murray doesn't address this obvious coaching failure, his competency as a GM becomes questionable.  

BTW, I was undecided on the "Bylsma should be fired" issue - but seeing how poorly this far better team is doing,  especially in head to head matchups such as Boston -  he should be sacked whether or not there's a better replacement waiting. Time to move on!      

You're so incredibly full of ######.

Not so fast. I'm pretty much on the fence with Bylsma, mainly because I don't think my opinion would be informed enough, not having watched a single entire game this season. But the drumbeat to get him fired halfway through his second season, with ZERO indication it's remotely possible, is a bit irrational. I don't care either way. I don't like his personality one bit. Unlike Murray, whose schtick seems designed to play to Buffalo, Bylsma has zero personality capital to spend. If he's fired, I don't think anyone will remember that he ever happened.

In 2011 Terry Pegula bought the Sabres, and they made a miraculous run and clinched a playoff spot. Sometime in that stretch, disillusioned by the hanging onto Lindy and Regier, I made a bet with my friend that the Bills would win a playoff game before the Sabres won a playoff series. He laughed at me and took it easily. 

Joke's on him, my adolescent cynicism towards how TPegs would run the Sabres was correct. 

Joke's on me, that was almost 6 years ago and they're both still flailing aimlessly. 

Me too! And I was in my 40s when he told us that first day that Lindy wasn't going anywhere, he could work with Darcy and he liked gritty, hard-working players. (He also told us his daughter made the rest of us look like Moscow Dynamo fans, and that's been stuck in my craw ever since.)

The sad thing is you guys will probably both be collecting Social Security before either of you wins the bet.

Not so fast. I'm pretty much on the fence with Bylsma , mainly because I don't think my opinion would be informed enough, not having watched a single entire game this season. But the drumbeat to get him fired halfway through his second season, with ZERO indication it's remotely possible, is a bit irrational. I don't care either way. I don't like his personality one bit. Unlike Murray, whose schtick seems designed to play to Buffalo, Bylsma has zero personality capital to spend. If he's fired, I don't think anyone will remember that he ever happened.

Not so fast, indeed! Last year you were an early member of the anti-Bylsma task force. You, Eleven, and I, formed an unholy alliance to take down Bylsma and form an Internet criminal empire the likes of which the world has never seen! Now he bails on you, breaks your heart, and you're 50/50 on Bylsma? WE HAD A PACT!