Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

The players play the game that the coach dictates.  I am convinced that we do not have the right players to play Dan's style.

His style is absolute trash no matter which players play it. It shows every single playoff that possession destroys teams that don't want it. It did nothing with the two best players in the world. And the coach has to change the system to the players he has. It's how it works. 

I don't want a successful Bylsma system with its prototypical players like Kane and Dustin Brown and Beau Bennett and Dwight King and the like leading the way. It won't ever get us anywhere.

The players play the game that the coach dictates.  I am convinced that we do not have the right players to play Dan's style.

No team has the right players to play Dan's style. Dump and chase can work, but it requires two things: 1) the right players (which you are right, we don't have) and 2) an aggressive forecheck, which Dan does not implement more than like 5% of the time. We need to run an aggressive forecheck to retrieve pucks, especially since we don't have the players to do it naturally. Watch LA: yes, they play(ed) suffocating hockey and owned the puck in the offensive zone after dumping it in...but they did it with a heavy, two-man forecheck with strong support to regain and maintain control. The fact that Bylsma is not doing this is a huge knock against him.

If Dan is Murray's guy and the GM thinks Dan can get him his cup (not just another cusp) then the roster will be changed and built to be LA east.  Last time I checked they have done pretty well that last few years.

Dare I say we may end up looking a lot like the Bruins in 2010/11.

This really is just some whiny crybaby sh!t.

My team didn't win! Waaaaaah!

It's gotta be someone's fault!

Well, yeah. The team sucks, and someone is responsible

If Dan is Murray's guy and the GM thinks Dan can get him his cup (not just another cusp) then the roster will be changed and built to be LA east. Last time I checked they have done pretty well that last few years.

Dare I say we may end up looking a lot like the Bruins in 2010/11.

I don't think Dan is Murray's guy. I think Dan is Pegula's guy

No team has the right players to play Dan's style. Dump and chase can work, but it requires two things: 1) the right players (which you are right, we don't have) and 2) an aggressive forecheck, which Dan does not implement more than like 5% of the time. We need to run an aggressive forecheck to retrieve pucks, especially since we don't have the players to do it naturally. Watch LA: yes, they play(ed) suffocating hockey and owned the puck in the offensive zone after dumping it in...but they did it with a heavy, two-man forecheck with strong support to regain and maintain control. The fact that Bylsma is not doing this is a huge knock against him.

Good point

You're so incredibly full of ######.

Can we please just stop saying that we have all the talent that we need and it's just the coaching? When Boston decided to take over, the could do what ever they wanted and it had nothing to do with coaching.

Edited by SwampD

Can we please just stop saying that we have all the talent that we need and it's just the coaching? When Boston decided to take over, the could do what e Ed they wanted and it had nothing to do with coaching.

I don't think anyone in the league would take Boston's roster over ours

Can we please just stop saying that we have all the talent that we need and it's just the coaching? When Boston decided to take over, the could do what ever they wanted and it had nothing to do with coaching.

We don't have everything we need.

We do have enough players to not be dead-last in scoring when not on the peeper. To not be unable to control the puck against any opponent, good or bad. 

Either Jack carries, or a defenseman stretches. Boston decides to start playing, and our players are fully aware that they won't get the puck back and when they do, players won't be where they need to be to efficiently move it up the ice with control. We lose it, Boston takes it, moves up the ice as a unit, knows how to actually play hockey, and the game is over like I called before the 3rd even started.

Edited by Randall Flagg