Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

It's a good idea, but IMHO it won't (and shouldn't) happen unless and until GMTM is canned -- which, IMHO, won't (and shouldn't) happen for at least one more year.

Watching this embarrassing performance in TB -- I have to believe that GMTM is going to fire DDB.  If that's true, then I think GMTM gets to hire a new coach, and if there is improvement next year, GMTM and the new coach will get at least another year thereafter.  If GMTM hires a new coach and there is no improvement, then they're both gone after next year, and it will be time to bring in a president of hockey operations to hire the new GM and, unlike PLF, stick around to oversee matters.  Same outcome if GMTM brings back DDB and the team is terrible at Xmas -- both are gone and a president is brought in to hire the new GM and oversee matters thereafter.

If DDB isn't fired by Wednesday at the latest, we have a major freaking problem.

Completely agree with the bolded. But...

Bob McKenzie said on NBCSN moments ago he believes Bylsma is safe. He cited that ownership would like to see how Murray/Bylsma operate with a healthy roster.

Seems like we have a major problem.

Injuries, btw, is a horsesh*t excuse, as aside from the fact we were no better with a more healthy roster this season, EVERY season is going to have injuries (except if you are the Leafs), so if they are waiting for a completely healthy roster for 80 games to evaluate the coach....again, we have a major problem.

I think chances are slim Bylsma is fired. Pegula would fear that would look like total chaos in his organization. By mid season next year if things don't get much better I could see Murray and Bylsma both gone.

Injuries, btw, is a horsesh*t excuse, as aside from the fact we were no better with a more healthy roster this season, EVERY season is going to have injuries (except if you are the Leafs), so if they are waiting for a completely healthy roster for 80 games to evaluate the coach....again, we have a major problem.

Buffalo media needs to hold Bylsma's, Murray's, and Pegula's feet to the fire if they start trotting out the tired and lame 'injury' excuse.   

"Well, Eichel missed the first couple months"

"Well, Kane hurt his ribs"

"O'Reilly was out..."

Jeebus, all THREE of those guys were in the lineup pretty much every game since the All-Star break.  The result has been terrible.  

And some of the veteran players like Kulikov, Gorges,  Ennis, Bogosian, playing the worst hockey of their careers.

Is that just a coincidence, or is it the system/coaching?  

The media should not let them get away with retaining Bylsma on such a lame excuse;  "Injuries" my foot!   What team DOESN'T have injuries in an 82 game season???

Bylsma isn't going anywhere....this roster sucks, plain an simple.

I cringe when I see the lineup on paper and that doesn't even include the D.

I think the roster needs some work but I don't think it "sucks" by any stretch of the imagination. Honestly I don't think it's much worse if at all worse than Toronto, Boston or Ottawa. It's the coach pulling the strings who isn't getting the most of the players on it or the players don't want to play for him. Either way, regardless of whose fault it is, he is a dead man walking, no matter how long he is here. This team is simply uninspired by him, and that is a death knell for any coach Edited by matter2003

I think the roster needs some work but I don't think it "sucks" by any stretch of the imagination. Honestly I don't think it's much worse if at all worse than Toronto, Boston or Ottawa. It's the coach pulling the strings who isn't getting the most of the players on it or the players don't want to play for him. Either way, regardless of whose fault it is, he is a dead man walking, no matter how long he is here. This team is simply uninspired by him, and that is a death knell for any coach

totally agree..there is very little to pick between the Sabres, certainly Ottawa, the Leafs, the Bruins, and certainly Boston. We can see that this team is totally uninspired and looks to be trying to get BLysma fired. Unfortunately, I do think we'll see himback for next season with us hearing that injuries played a big part in the failures of this past season. Injuries were a major factor but overall clearly Blysma just isn't the man for this job...scary to think we will see him there behind the bench again next season (foro how long who knows but I do think he'll be there at the start)

Terry blew it when Bruins fired their coach. We probably would not have got him but that was our chance. Bylsma won't be fired until December.

How do we know that the Sabres weren't one of the other teams who reportedly reached out to him?

Sabres finish out the season with a 7-13-2 record after the bye week. 16 of 44 available points picked up.

And if his isn't fired, his replacement should be hired somewhere in the organization

Bob McKenzie said on NBCSN moments ago he believes Bylsma is safe. He cited that ownership would like to see how Murray/Bylsma operate with a healthy roster.

This is the second such report by Bob, who is very plugged in to the Sabres. Once Wawrow Tweets it, consider it a done deal. Sorry, guys.

I won't watch until he's fired unless they're hot out of the gate.

I had to chuckle at this.

This is the second such report by Bob, who is very plugged in to the Sabres. Once Wawrow Tweets it, consider it a done deal. Sorry, guys.

I agree.  It's mindboggling that DD will survive.  All the reasons have been laid out so I'm not getting into them but it's absolutely mindboggling. 

Listened to Brian Koziol on the way in and he thinks there's a very slim chance they bring DD back.  He laid out the exact same argument all of us have done.  But based on Bob's comments, I'll be surprised they fire DD.

I'm cheating, but the operative word is watch! I'll be out of the Buffalo media market, so I'll either have to pay, or put forth a concerted effort to, ahem, find access. Paying is definitely not happening, and the other is usually quality. quality video for hockey? No thanks.

I'll still listen to many games on the radio, but that's not watching ;) :p

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I'm cheating, but the operative word is watch! I'll be out of the Buffalo media market, so I'll either have to pay, or put forth a converted effort to, ahem, find access. Paying is definitely not happening, and the other is usually ###### quality. ###### quality video for ###### hockey? No thanks.

I'll still listen to many games on the radio, but that's not watching ;) :p

combining the record of the first 8 games of last season and the first 6 games of this one, we are 3-9-2, so I don't think you need to worry about hot starts

I wish I didn't trust Wawrow's reporting as much as I do.

If Murray isn't at least shopping the job around this summer, he needs to go.

New Task: disable GameCenter Autorenewal. Due, 4/17

New Task: unsubscribe from Sabres email. Due 4/17