Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

Look... you all complained and posted statistics on how teams who fire their coach mid-season have great success.

So why do you want Bylsma fired now?  Statistics show that firing him next December should be a greater benefit than firing him today right?  :)

Have a nice day.

Bylsma said Rodrigues and Carrier surprised. Good thing he scratched Carrier a game ago and was regularly giving him 10 minutes per game. This is quintessential Bylsma: a large share of the time, his actions do not match his words.

My main gripe w/ him.

He is a bright guy. But he can't bridge the diconnect between what his head tells him to do & what he's been programmed through the years to do.

He claims he spent a whole year studying what successful teams do in the NHL. I believe him. He also, clearly, doesn't put into practice what he saw those other teams do.

Because of this, I fully expect the maturation of our young players & moves Murray will make will have this team under his direction in the playoffs - basically as next year's version of TO. Sneaking in on the last day or 2 & hoping to win a playoff game. They SHOULD be better than that. Keeping Bylsma now will set this team back at least 2 & probably 3 years.

Welcome to hockey purgatory. :angry:

We said that last year. 

Watch this:

Kulikov, Franson leave via UFA

No trades can be had, no signings on D

McCabe-Risto

Gorges-Bogosian

Falk-Nelson

Same Forwards

Hey, there's room over here to switch to the red and black. Going to win another Cup this year too

We said that last year. 

It's truly amazing. We had Lehner for a full year this season. When Eichel was in, he was nearly a point-per-game player, scoring more in 21 fewer games than he did all last year. We also added 50 points from Okposo. We turned Mike Weber, a terrible McCabe, an injured, terrible Franson and a year-younger Risto into the addition of Kulikov, the progression of McCabe, a legitimately solid player in Franson and a slightly better Risto. Falk and Fedun were not bad in third pairing roles, that were being played by the likes of Weber last year. And we still paced for 2 fewer points with Jack in the lineup than we got last season. It doesn't make any ###### sense.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Watch this:

Kulikov, Franson leave via UFA

No trades can be had, no signings on D

McCabe-Risto

Gorges-Bogosian

Falk-Nelson

Same Forwards

Don't forget we have Guhle and Antipin from the KHL (I have no idea what his game is like). I'll also wager that our #1 pick this year will be traded for D.

It's inevitable we'll improve. We literally can't be any worse than we were this year

We shouldn't be at the point where we are relying on player improvement to luck ourselves into more wins next year. There is the perception that there is no real clear plan for improvement going forward, which is a huge concern for me as the window of having good players on entry level contracts is quickly closing. You win cups when you have multiple young star players being payed peanuts paired with talented veterans - and we are squandering Eichel/Reinhart/Risto on shite teams.

Until he's fired (assuming he's not fired before next season). How much ya love your Hawks? ;)

Not as much as I hate Byslma :lol:

Let me look into how they've been playing lately tonight and tomorrow, but my gut right now is I'll take that bet

Vancouver has dismissed their head coach, Willie Desjardins 

Enough good forwards and D to make up a very good #1 PP unit.  And not much else.

Well, Eichel was our best even strength scorer at 2.35 GF/60 while on the ice. He was 188th in the NHL among forwards with over 700 minutes of even strength ice time. Prestigious names directly around him: Dale Wise, Lauri Korpikoski, Christian Dvorak, Brendan Gallagher, Jay Beagle, Jori Lehtera, Mike Fisher, Andrew Shaw, Nick Foligno, Elias Lindolm, Cal Clutterbuck. Methinks there's something wrong with the way we play.

Really? Cuz for the first 60 games or so, Gionta led all Buffalo Sabres in even strength scoring rates before he fell off a cliff.

Eichel is 1st, followed by Kane, Reinhart, Gionta, ROR, Carrier. Okposo is 9th. So numbers 1, 3, 5, and 9 are on our first PP unit. Jack has 1.78 ES points per 60, Sam 1.56, ROR 1.32. ROR is down more than .6 ES points per 60 from his days in Colorado.

Eichel is behind such superstars as Elias Lindholm, Radim Vrbata, Josh Anderson, Antoine Roussel, Curtis McKenzie, Andreas Athanasiou, Jonathan Marchesseault, Jordan Schroeder, Phillip Danault, Paul Byron, Jason Chimera, Casey Cizikas, Scott Wilson, Jannik Hansen, Magnus Paajarvi, Tyler Bozak, Sven Baertschi, and Brett Connolly, in this stat. Either we tanked for a talent that can't outscore these scrubs at even strength, or something is wrong with the way we play even strength hockey.

Considering the fact that despite being behind these scrubs, Eich is a top 15 PPG player all year, he can pull that much weight on the power play alone, it's abundantly obvious that our system does not cut it in today's NHL. I mean, some of these players are being coached by GARBAGE coaches, and they can still produce at higher ES rates because their teams do. 

Colorado, Philly, and NJ are the only teams whose leading 5 on 5 points per 60 player scores fewer than Jack, who leads us in that category.

Also edited to add that Okposo had only seen 2 seasons dip below 1.7 ES points per 60 during his previous 8 years before coming here, while he sits at 1.13 this season. Our system suppresses offense because it focuses on hockey 'plays' which give the other team the puck and put even more pressure on our leaky defense.

Well, Eichel was our best even strength scorer at 2.35 GF/60 while on the ice. He was 188th in the NHL among forwards with over 700 minutes of even strength ice time. Prestigious names directly around him: Dale Wise, Lauri Korpikoski, Christian Dvorak, Brendan Gallagher, Jay Beagle, Jori Lehtera, Mike Fisher, Andrew Shaw, Nick Foligno, Elias Lindolm, Cal Clutterbuck. Methinks there's something wrong with the way we play.

Copycat  :nana:

Edited by Randall Flagg

From the locker clean out interviews it sounds like effort is the major problem, so I agree I guess.

Copycat  :nana:

Something about great minds ;)

From the locker clean out interviews it sounds like effort is the major problem, so I agree I guess.

In all honesty, what else do you expect them to say? Especially if they think Bylsma is coming back, it's not like they're going to start talking about the coaching. Players always say it's the effort or the bounces.

I'll say this, those of you that are insistant the DD is THE problem should be furious with the players. Guys like Eichel quiting on the team at the end instead of putting it all out there have given GMTM a reason to give DD another chance. Had those jamokes put in the full effort DDs system would have been exposed as the only reason we failed. Now, because these quitters gave up there can be a reasonable argument that it was player effort, not DDs system that is to blame for another lost season.

I'll say this, those of you that are insistant the DD is THE problem should be furious with the players. Guys like Eichel quiting on the team at the end instead of putting it all out there have given GMTM a reason to give DD another chance. Had those jamokes put in the full effort DDs system would have been exposed as the only reason we failed. Now, because these quitters gave up there can be a reasonable argument that it was player effort, not DDs system that is to blame for another lost season.

I am not happy with the way these guys played out the stretch, yes. I don't think their lack of effort is what saved Dan, though.