Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

True where are you relocating to?

Athens, OH. Heading back to grad school for a couple years at Ohio University.

I had fully planned on going to Columbus for a Sabres game, but if Bylsma is around, I may opt for Edmonton or Toronto instead.

I don't know about him, but I'm going to become a Hawks fan

I could do this if Toews' general overratedness didn't irk the hell out of me. Also, I'm reasonably confident too many Sabres fans jumping ship would, in fact, cause the Hawks to spontaneously suck.

You anti-Bylsmites have to admit it: deep down, you always knew his firing was a pipe dream.

Nah. His firing hinges on GMTM. If GMTM isn't firing Bylsma, he better prove that Bylsma wasn't the problem by doing SERIOUS work this off season to get this roster into the shape. It's on GMTM to justify his not firing Bylsma. 

You anti-Bylsmites have to admit it: deep down, you always knew his firing was a pipe dream.

Earlier in the year? Absolutely. I thought the injuries bought him the year. I think he subsequently flushed that down the drain by the team ending with the same record healthy as opposed to injured, and the epic collapse down the stretch, and the players quitting on him, and the locker room divide.

Nah. His firing hinges on GMTM. If GMTM isn't firing Bylsma, he better prove that Bylsma wasn't the problem by doing SERIOUS work this off season to get this roster into the shape. It's on GMTM to justify his not firing Bylsma. 

Honestly I think it hinges on Pegula

Every report on Byslma remaining has include ownership as the reason. If he's still here, it's because of Terry

Murray would be complicit. I have a hard time believing that if Murray came to Pegula and made a forceful case that a coaching change is necessary, that he'd be prevented from making the move.

I think there is NFW that GMTM wanted to fire DDB but was overruled by TP.

We agree. Freeman and I agree. That means we're right.

Murray would be complicit. I have a hard time believing that if Murray came to Pegula and made a forceful case that a coaching change is necessary, that he'd be prevented from making the move.

Gonna disagree here. See the hiring of Rex Ryan

Gonna disagree here. See the hiring of Rex Ryan

I think there's a fairly monumental difference between being the decider on who to hire after being brought candidates by your GM, and expressly overruling your GM when he's telling you a coaching change is needed to move forward.

I think there's a fairly monumental difference between being the decider on who to hire after being brought candidates by your GM, and expressly overruling your GM when he's telling you a coaching change is needed to move forward.

He fired Rex behind Whaley's back though

He fired Rex behind Whaley's back though

I still completely disagree with this interpretation of events. I think Whaley was fully informed of, and involved with, the decision to fire Rex at the end of the season. All Pegula did was accelerate the timeline during a meeting with Rex, where I believe, Rex essentially said "if you're going to fire me, just do it now."

I still completely disagree with this interpretation of events. I think Whaley was fully informed of, and involved with, the decision to fire Rex at the end of the season. All Pegula did was accelerate the timeline during a meeting with Rex, where I believe, Rex essentially said "if you're going to fire me, just do it now."

Is this really a narrative that exists? I thought it was consensus that Pegula fired Rex without Whaley.