Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

I'll say this, those of you that are insistant the DD is THE problem should be furious with the players. Guys like Eichel quiting on the team at the end instead of putting it all out there have given GMTM a reason to give DD another chance. Had those jamokes put in the full effort DDs system would have been exposed as the only reason we failed. Now, because these quitters gave up there can be a reasonable argument that it was player effort, not DDs system that is to blame for another lost season.

I don't believe this at all. Injury excuse and Pegula are making this train drive forward 

I'll say this, those of you that are insistant the DD is THE problem should be furious with the players. Guys like Eichel quiting on the team at the end instead of putting it all out there have given GMTM a reason to give DD another chance. Had those jamokes put in the full effort DDs system would have been exposed as the only reason we failed. Now, because these quitters gave up there can be a reasonable argument that it was player effort, not DDs system that is to blame for another lost season.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but to me, this is fundamentally insane. "We lost because our coach has lost the room, not because he's bad, therefore I'm going to let the coach have the room again." Potential "inmates running the asylum" snark aside, a huge part of coaching is psychology and getting buy-in from the players. Failing at that is literally failing at being a good coach.

Yeah, except only a fool would justify keeping Dan via that rationalization. If that is what GMTM is thinking, then GMTM is a dope too. 

Nobody better be bailing on the franchise.  No true fan is going to jump ship.

I'm not a true fan apparently. Is there some place I need to send in my membership card or can I just burn it?

Edited by MattPie

What?

I'm not a true fan apparently. Is there some place I need to send in my membership card or can I just burn it?

Oh ya, who are you going with?  I hear the Penguins still have some room left on their bandwagon.

Stars??  Your jumping Sabres ship for Dallas?  Isn't that basically the same team?  I guess they know how to fire a coach atleast......

Seguin, Benn, awesome jerseys, good social media, good fans. Stars are pretty sweet

Watch me..........

Aren't you primarily a Panthers fan already?

Seguin, Benn, awesome jerseys, good social media, good fans. Stars are pretty sweet

I donno.  Non traditional market.  Brett Hull.  Horrible goaltending.  Not the place I would start.

Aren't you primarily a Panthers fan already?

I donno.  Non traditional market.  Brett Hull.  Horrible goaltending.  Not the place I would start.

I'm keeping my options open. Maybe I'll just do it like baseball and not have a team, just favorite players and follow the team they happen to be on.

Oh ya, who are you going with?  I hear the Penguins still have some room left on their bandwagon.

I've always been primarily a Sabres fan and far less of a hockey fan. I may catch some of the games on broadcast TV when I remember they're on, and I'll probably pick a team to root for in the finals, but otherwise I'll be doing something else.

Stars, Caps, Hawks, Preds, or Bolts. Though I hate Stamkos

There aren't many East teams I could stomach rooting for. Maybe the Caps due to Ovechkin. I'll likely root for the West in the finals, sine few of those teams result in visceral hate.

I've always been primarily a Sabres fan and far less of a hockey fan. I may catch some of the games on broadcast TV when I remember they're on, and I'll probably pick a team to root for in the finals, but otherwise I'll be doing something else.

There aren't many East teams I could stomach rooting for. Maybe the Caps due to Ovechkin. I'll likely root for the West in the finals, sine few of those teams result in visceral hate.

I thought we were doing permanent jump, not just picking another team for the playoffs.

I'm keeping my options open. Maybe I'll just do it like baseball and not have a team, just favorite players and follow the team they happen to be on.

Ya you could do it that way.  Then it's not like ownership could really screw you over too bad.  Plus if you didn't resign with a team it wouldn't matter.  You would just follow the team he goes too.

Ya you could do it that way.  Then it's not like ownership could really screw you over too bad.  Plus if you didn't resign with a team it wouldn't matter.  You would just follow the team he goes too.

Exactly. Plus, I'm not really emotionally invested, just dead and numb as a hockey fan. 

Exactly. Plus, I'm not really emotionally invested, just dead and numb as a hockey fan. 

True.  Maybe I should do what I should have done 30 years ago and just become a Leafs fan.  With so many of them around it would make life a lot easier.  Plus it's much more difficult to get a tickets so I would probably save a bunch of money.  After I bought all the paraphernalia including a Matthews jersey of course.  Ok I just threw up in my mouth....

I thought we were doing permanent jump, not just picking another team for the playoffs.

Nah. For me, it's taking far less interest in hockey rather than shifting to another team. Besides, I'd have to find another board and figure out who all the malcontents there are.

Stars??  Your jumping Sabres ship for Dallas?  Isn't that basically the same team?  I guess they know how to fire a coach atleast......

Meh.  Stars is one of my options since I live in their market.  I no longer hate them for '99, but they also don't get me all excited either.  My 2nd favorite for years had been the Red Wings (going back to '91-'97 when I lived in Detroit and they were the conduit that made me follow hockey again) but they're sliding too.  I kind of like the small market Canadian teams (Jets/Oilers/Flames) but really only the Oilers are any good and it's hard for me to root for McJesus when we were so close to getting him.

So I'll probably stick with the Sabres and follow the Stars a bit.

Their in-game experience is pretty top notch.  If the atmosphere in the KBC was anything like the AAC it would go a long way to minimizing the pain of Toronto games for Sabres fans.  The Stars fans are into the game and and willfully led by their in-house entertainment which is intimidating and humbling to fans of the visiting team.

True.  Maybe I should do what I should have done 30 years ago and just become a Leafs fan.  With so many of them around it would make life a lot easier.  Plus it's much more difficult to get a tickets so I would probably save a bunch of money.  After I bought all the paraphernalia including a Matthews jersey of course.  Ok I just threw up in my mouth....

Eh, you need to love the team.  I describe the Stars as my "friends with benefits" team.  Sure I'll spend an evening with them if I don't have a better option, but there's no emotional attachment.

Hey Tim, how was that win-loss record when the team got healthy?

Yeah, I thought so...............................

If your team finishes 17 points out of the playoffs when your star players didn't really miss that many games in the grand scheme of things, then you don't have what it takes to be a contender. Maybe you're the problem. You've got your cushy long term deal, you have the benefit of dragging this out as long as you want. 

I'm starting to think you might need to go. 

If you fired Goober, and when the Sabres don't make the playoffs next year then we all know you're the problems. By holding on to Goober, then you can fire him halfway through next year and give yourself another year of job security. Well played. 

Perhaps getting that contract extension was the worst thing for this team. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH