Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

Anyone up for a hockey president to take a gander at things this offseason? (Don't ask me who.) In this scenario, I think Murray and Bylsma would be retained. But an adult in big boy pants would have them on a short leash. Then, if you have to make a move, it's not Terry, Kim, Russ and some banjo player from Nashville making the call and the new hire (but they'd have to hire the president, I suppose).

Or would that de-scrotize Murray? Does he deserve a final chance to get this right without someone lording over him?

It's a good idea, but IMHO it won't (and shouldn't) happen unless and until GMTM is canned -- which, IMHO, won't (and shouldn't) happen for at least one more year.

Watching this embarrassing performance in TB -- I have to believe that GMTM is going to fire DDB.  If that's true, then I think GMTM gets to hire a new coach, and if there is improvement next year, GMTM and the new coach will get at least another year thereafter.  If GMTM hires a new coach and there is no improvement, then they're both gone after next year, and it will be time to bring in a president of hockey operations to hire the new GM and, unlike PLF, stick around to oversee matters.  Same outcome if GMTM brings back DDB and the team is terrible at Xmas -- both are gone and a president is brought in to hire the new GM and oversee matters thereafter.

If DDB isn't fired by Wednesday at the latest, we have a major freaking problem.

Any idea when the exit interviews are?

Are you thinking it would announced after the interviews as a courtesy to Dan or are you thinking the exit interviews are going to be weighed that heavily by GMTM, who somehow hasn't made his mind up yet? Enquiring minds want to know.

Are you thinking it would announced after the interviews as a courtesy to Dan or are you thinking the exit interviews are going to be weighed that heavily by GMTM, who somehow hasn't made his mind up yet? Enquiring minds want to know.

More so the latter. I think Murray has his mind 70% one way or the other, but I think the exit interviews can tip that

Bob McKenzie said on NBCSN moments ago he believes Bylsma is safe. He cited that ownership would like to see how Murray/Bylsma operate with a healthy roster.

The bolded being the operative word.

He's basing that on ownership not wanting to punt 2 coaches in the same season. Hopefully, he is overlooking both the Brandon marketing angle & the Lindy Ruff homecoming angle. The fans want Bylsma gone. That could very well register w/ ownership.

I was really concerned that Bylsma would be back until watching him in Monday's postgame press conference. He looked like a man that just watched his house burn down. Not like someone expecting to keep his job another year.

What are y'all going to do when DD returns next season? I wasn't on the board last season, but I can't believe there was similar dislike of DD last season especially in the second half as guys like Bogo played the best hockey of their career and the same system seemed to be working.

Edited by yse325

What are y'all going to do when DD returns next season? I wasn't on the board last season, but I can't believe there was similar dislike of DD last season especially in the second half as guys like Bogo played the best hockey of their career and the same system seemed to be working.

Honestly? Watch and wait for him to be fired, again. 

I started hated DD about 5 games into this season. Literally was the first week IIRC; created a Fire Bsylma thread

With a mostly healthy roster, Kulikov being the notable exception, the Sabres were on a 62 point pace.

They finished last in the Atlantic Division, with 3 less points than less year.

The locker room was a mess. Young players versus Vets. The Vets having a mutiny over Moulson's Scratch for Nylander.

A team that was better when they didn't play the system.

And a very disgruntled fan base. We need a sacrifice and DD is it.

Same thing I did this year. Not get center ice. Only watch about 5 games. And generally not care about hockey.

The style of play with Eichel out lit the spark for me, good analysis on here of how his tactics were failing us stoked the fire, maddening personnel decisions continuing regardless of results got me off the fence.

But the big thing is the utter lack of leadership we've seen in the face of adversity.

He looks defeated, coaches scared and does not have the respect of the room.

Wild, So basically no one wanted to burn DD at the stake last season. It just became a chorus as our injured and undermanned team started poorly again this season. Ok, I appreciate your honesty.

What if GMTM is actually able to fix the D and the Sabres under DD get out of the gate quickly next season? What then?

Whether DD stays or goes, GMTM better fix this crappy roster. It's major improvement next season or else. The next 75 days should be very interesting.

The Vets having a mutiny over Moulson's Scratch for Nylander.

This was a thing? I missed this.

If the vets are Gorges, Moulson and Gionta, then it's time they are flushed.

The team culture should be about performance, not years experience.

Phil Housley

I'm emphatically on board.

Wild, So basically no one wanted to burn DD at the stake last season. It just became a chorus as our injured and undermanned team started poorly again this season. Ok, I appreciate your honesty.

What if GMTM is actually able to fix the D and the Sabres under DD get out of the gate quickly next season? What then?

Whether DD stays or goes, GMTM better fix this crappy roster. It's major improvement next season or else. The next 75 days should be very interesting.

yse -- This is not a 5th-last-in-the-NHL roster.  Not even close.