GDT: Montreal @ Buffalo, 7pm MSG, 10/13/2016

LGR4GM

Fair deuce on the Lakers. Having knocked around Boston in the late 80s and 90s, though, I will tell you: Celts fans may have hated the Knicks more than the Lakers.

I'm not down with the theory being broadened. It is what it was. And there's a hex embedded in there if you're choosing to cheer on your team by invoking it. Do we really want Eichel to be compared to Ewing? Donyell Marshall?

Just repent and be done with it, sir.

Never took you for the strict constructionist type. There shall be no repenting where there was no wrongdoing--the reference was merely meant to point to a potential galvanizing effect that can happy when a star player goes down. Bring on the defamation suit, I like my chances!

Miro Satan jerseys are a treasure and should be worn proudly.

Absolutely.

My options tonight: blue Myers, Olympic Miller, goathead Hasek, or white Eichel. I suppose there's only one real option in the bunch.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/oreilly-to-play-against-montreal/c-282618216

Official

In: ROR, Fasching, Nelson

Out: Jack, Okposo, Kulikov

West Coast swing: Okposo likely, Kulikov maybe.

ROR will be limited on faceoffs. According to the article:

ROR will be between Kane and Reinhart

Ennis Larsson Foligno

Moulson Girgensons Fasching

Deslauriers Grant Gionta

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Right now I only have script royal third Ennis and Kane navy (has been on sale since the second his transgression began, never got to wear it).

I bought a navy Leino for $45 off Shop NHL that is currently at the Sabres store getting made into a Reinhart.

And then, sometime, a white McCabe from TW.

As per local customs, I'll perform a burnt offering to the hockey Gods exactly 1 hour before to puck drop.    

The ceremonial ritual of burning hockey related fare will guarantee quick healing for injured players, fortuitous bounces of the puck and favorable officiating.     

Gretzkius 1 and 6:8-13 describe the traditional burnt offering. The hockey fanatics brought a bull, sheep, or goat, a male with no defect, and killed it at the entrance to the arena. The animal’s blood was drained, and the captain sprinkled blood around the ice surface. The animal was skinned and cut it into pieces, the intestines and legs washed, and the captain burned the pieces at center ice. The captain received the skin as a fee for his help. A turtledove or pigeon could also be sacrificed, although they weren’t skinned.

My Jersey selection is limited to 2:

"Third Jersey" from the Slug Years Pomminstein and my new RoR jersey I got at the home closer last year because I'm a sucker for discounts on stuff.

Most of the time I just wear my Winter Classic Hoodie though. I'll probably wear RoR to work tomorrow since I couldn't get away with it today.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/oreilly-to-play-against-montreal/c-282618216
Official
In: ROR, Fasching, Nelson
Out: Jack, Okposo, Kulikov

West Coast swing: Okposo likely, Kulikov maybe.

ROR will be limited on faceoffs. According to the article:
ROR will be between Kane and Reinhart
Ennis Larsson Foligno
Moulson Girgensons Fasching
Deslauriers Grant Gionta

As much as I want O'Reilly to play every game, I hope he's not rushing himself back and hurting us in the long run. It sure seems that way if he can't take face offs/is limited.

I have a thing to attend that'll go until close to 9:00 (sigh), so I likely won't be timely donning my old school Perreault (signed!). The sweater is a peculiar one, as it came from the Sabres alumni association during the era of the slug. With apologies to d4rk, it has hot sauce stains on it. 

Never took you for the strict constructionist type. There shall be no repenting where there was no wrongdoing--the reference was merely meant to point to a potential galvanizing effect that can happy when a star player goes down. Bring on the defamation suit, I like my chances!

Not a matter of being a textualist, or being prescriptive -v- descriptive in my lexicology. There is an unkind (and, to be fair, accurate) judgment of Patrick Ewing embedded in The Ewing Theory. It's an essential element of what gave the theory its legs. If you invoke the theory, you place the missing player in the company of players who always managed to get their numbers and press copy, but who were also a net drag on their team's chances of ultimate success. 

This is a little like saying that the idiom of the emperor has no clothes is really just about a child's precocious ability to tell the truth without regard to social expectations. Yet, a key part of that saying is that there was a fat, ugly king walking down the street with no clothes on.

Please stop saying that Jack Eichel is a fat ugly naked king who had a lengthy but unsuccessful run as the franchise centerpiece of the NY Knicks.

I have a thing to attend that'll go until close to 9:00 (sigh), so I likely won't be timely donning my old school Perreault (signed!). The sweater is a peculiar one, as it came from the Sabres alumni association during the era of the slug. With apologies to d4rk, it has hot sauce stains on it. 

Not a matter of being a textualist, or being prescriptive -v- descriptive in my lexicology. There is an unkind (and, to be fair, accurate) judgment of Patrick Ewing embedded in The Ewing Theory. It's an essential element of what gave the theory its legs. If you invoke the theory, you place the missing player in the company of players who always managed to get their numbers and press copy, but who were also a net drag on their team's chances of ultimate success. 

This is a little like saying that the idiom of the emperor has no clothes is really just about a child's precocious ability to tell the truth without regard to social expectations. Yet, a key part of that saying is that there was a fat, ugly king walking down the street with no clothes on.

Please stop saying that Jack Eichel is a fat ugly naked king who had a lengthy but unsuccessful run as the franchise centerpiece of the NY Knicks.

Slovenly peasant.

As much as I want O'Reilly to play every game, I hope he's not rushing himself back and hurting us in the long run. It sure seems that way if he can't take face offs/is limited.

It's just back spasms.    I had them my junior year in college... painful, the worst is tying your skates.    Some massage and muscle relaxants solved it rather quickly with no ill affects.  

It's not the type of injury he'll make worse by playing, just a pain management thing.    They'll have him straightened out in no time.

I feel like I may be on the losing end of this particular exchange :lol:

My options tonight: blue Myers, Olympic Miller, goathead Hasek, or white Eichel. I suppose there's only one real option in the bunch.

White Lafontaine, Slug Afinogenov, Blue Pommer, or blank classic Blue.

God I wish I had a Satan jersey. As a metalhead and hockey fan, I'd love it so much. 

Right now I only have script royal third Ennis and Kane navy (has been on sale since the second his transgression began, never got to wear it).

My Jersey selection is limited to 2:

"Third Jersey" from the Slug Years Pomminstein and my new RoR jersey I got at the home closer last year because I'm a sucker for discounts on stuff.

Most of the time I just wear my Winter Classic Hoodie though. I'll probably wear RoR to work tomorrow since I couldn't get away with it today.

Well considering all the talk of how awful the team is tonight, maybe I'll wear my Stafford with the Slug logo. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.