GDT: Montreal @ Buffalo, 7pm MSG, 10/13/2016

LGR4GM

Anyone who reads Bill Simmons is already familiar with the Ewing theory, but for those who aren't: it's when a team loses its star player and inexplicably pulls together and is better without him. Let's do it.

No, sir. No.

The Ewing Theory implicitly places a stank on the departed or missing star. The theory was based on the idea that the star receives too much attention from the media and fans, and that the team doesn't (can't) win anything with the star being featured.

Also, Simmons jumped the shark and was then eaten by the shark. A decade ago or so.

Kulikov out tonight, Casey Nelson in

:huh:

Look.. here's what I know.

My Sabres sweater will be on.

My sound system will be blasting.

This is the opening of the Sabres season.

This is what I wait for every year regardless of what every paid and unpaid analyst has said about this team.

This is what I need to get through the long months of winter.

Despite any injury, any prognostication of success, this is Buffalo Sabres hockey.

I love hockey and no gods are going to take that away from me.

I cannot wait until tonight.

Oh, and as for hockey gods.  As I see it, there is nothing crueler than having your franchise savior score 4 goals and still coming up with a loss. All the credit in the world to Matthews for a great game, but the rest of the Leafs couldn't stop the Senators.  

No, sir. No.

The Ewing Theory implicitly places a stank on the departed or missing star. The theory was based on the idea that the star receives too much attention from the media and fans, and that the team doesn't (can't) win anything with the star being featured.

Also, Simmons jumped the shark and was then eaten by the shark. A decade ago or so.

I wouldn't go that far, but IMHO The Ringer isn't nearly as good as Grantland was (admittedly a very high standard).

Sabres first line is Kane - O'Reilly - Reinhart with Reinhart taking face offs as Liger said

Eeeeeeeeesssshhh.  That means ROR's back is still pretty problematic.

No, sir. No.

Looking at reaction yesterday, is it really a stretch to suggest Eichel is getting more focus than he should?

But yea, Simmons is a shell of his former self.

I wouldn't go that far, but IMHO The Ringer isn't nearly as good as Grantland was (admittedly a very high standard).

The drop in quality from Grantland to the Ringer is stunning and sad. I barely ever visit the Ringer.

As to O'Reilly...I think I'd rather give him this game and the next two days off to rest up for Sunday than let him play tonight while hobbled.

Ennis - Larsson - Foligno

I want (need) to be pleasantly surprised by that second line.

Looking at reaction yesterday, is it really a stretch to suggest Eichel is getting more focus than he should?

But yea, Simmons is a shell of his former self.

But, sir. The Ewing Theory also implies that there is a certain fatal (if difficult to identify) flaw, a net-team-negative associated with the missing star.

I'm going to ask you to make a burnt sacrifice of some sort in order to expiate the sin of having invoked The Ewing Theory relative to the upcoming absence of one John Robert Eichel.

I want (need) to be pleasantly surprised by that second line.

But, sir. The Ewing Theory also implies that there is a certain fatal (if difficult to identify) flaw, a net-team-negative associated with the missing star.

I'm going to ask you to make a burnt sacrifice of some sort in order to expiate the sin of having invoked The Ewing Theory relative to the upcoming absence of one John Robert Eichel.

His middle name is Robert? Can we just call him the Chief Justice?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.