GDT: Montreal @ Buffalo, 7pm MSG, 10/13/2016

LGR4GM

Looks like the sun is rising. Of we can survive yesterday, we can make it through anything. Time to take it out on those poutine eating bassturds. L.G.S.

(This post is in no way meant to disparage poutine. I'm still a little shellshocked and that was the only thing I could think of.)

Edited by sodbuster

Hello all...back to lurk and occasionally post now that the season is about to start.  Feeling a bit of BSFS (Buffalo Sports Fan Syndrome) this morning with the debut of Matthews, McDavid's start, and Eich's injury...but who knows what will happen.

My pick for surprise player of the year is Lehner.

Go Sabres!

The hockey gods can suck it. No Goal, the bankruptcy, LaFontaine's concussions (seriously...imagine the difference he could have made in 99?), Black Sunday, the lottery lack of luck, the Babcock tease, Leino, the Connolly injuries...and that's without even thinking hard. We either already have their wrath, or they just don't care. Either way, I'm done caring about appeasing them. Now come with me as I build a golden goat statue.

This is signature worthy.  Well done good sir.  But please don't lose faith.  You're the last one I know not conforming to 'Because Buffalo'.

sabres2.jpg

Kyle Okpso is out 

ROR might be out

Jack Eichel has a high ankle sprain and is out

Auston Matthews who the hockey sports media has fawned over for months just dropped a 4 goal opening night. 

I see how it is hockey gods. Between skates in the crease, lost lotteries, all the injured the defenders, DR incompetence an 4 years of some of the most unwatchable crap hockey ever and you turn around and pull this? Well you know what, to hell with you. 

Your Buffalo Sabres will take on the Montreal Candiens tonight at the Key Bank Arena to open the 2016 season. Carey Price is out. PK Subban in gone. Sam Reinhart is potentially our #1 center. I say we skate with them, I say we stay with, and I say we shut them down because we can. This is our time. Their time is done, it's over. 

I'm sick and tired about hearing what a crappy team the Buffalo Sabres have. This is our time. So if the hockey gods won't help us, I say f##k you, we do it ourselves. Now let's go out there and take it. 

Projected lineup:

Ennis-Reinhart-Kane

Moulson-Girgensons-Fasching

Foligno-Larsson-Gionta/

Des-Grant-Bailey?

Gorges Ristolainen

McCabe Bogosian

Kulikov Franson

Great post, but the offensive lineup is not better than those tank lineups we had two or three years ago

This thread has become a rallying cry.  I love it.  God bless Sabrespace.  We're Buffalo fans, we know adversity.  We see it every season.  It is our time.  Despite the pairings our D is light years ahead of last season.  Welcome back Ennis, welcome back a new Girgs, welcome back Lehner, welcome Kulikov.  We will see you soon Okposo.  We can and will do this.  Hover around .500 until we get Jack back.  

Great post, but the offensive lineup is not better than those tank lineups we had two or three years ago

Tank? TANK! This ain't no stinking tank. We broke the tank and blew it all to hell. This, this is a Sabres out, Calvary charge! You know why we will win and be okay, because we are Buffalo.

CWR_cavalry_charge.jpg

Edited by LGR4GM

You know, I was feeling the same vibe looking at those lines and the player names.  But I didn't want to say it.  Lots of alumni from the Tank Years present.  

Just curious, I'll be busy at work all night.... Is there any way to stream on my Android, kinds like the NFL Verizon mobile app?

There is an app for NHL.Tv for Android(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nhl.gc1112.free&hl=en-US), but it's a pay service and only out of market games (ie no Sabres for you since you live in the market area). I'm not sure about NHL.TV, but the cable package always has a 2 week free preview of the hockey package. But that still won't help you with the blackout issue.

No update on ROR yet. This was the post Eichel lines from practice yesterday 

52 Hudson Fasching - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 23 Sam Reinhart

63 Tyler Ennis - 22 Johan Larsson - 82 Marcus Foligno

Evander Kane - 27 Derek Grant - 12 Brian Gionta

44 Nicolas Deslauriers - 28 Zemgus Girgensons - 26 Matt Moulson

So...4 checking lines.  :blink:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.