GDT: Montreal @ Buffalo, 7pm MSG, 10/13/2016

LGR4GM

Feeling a bit of BSFS (Buffalo Sports Fan Syndrome) this morning with the debut of Matthews, McDavid's start, and Eich's injury...but who knows what will happen.

I'd rather start slow and hoist the Cup at the end, than start fast, raise expectations, become the team that everyone guns for, and have to work that much harder to earn the wins.  In short, let's sneak in as an underdog and take it from there.

Didn't the Pens subscribe to the Ewing theory?

Foolishly so, if they did.

Bear in mind: Simmons popularized this theory by naming it after a player who famously won nothing in his career and who played for the Celtics' most traditional and hated rival. 

The Ewing Theory is an indictment on the missing star as much (if not more so) as it is a tribute to the band of brothers (sisters) who pull together in his (her) absence.

Foolishly so, if they did.

Bear in mind: Simmons popularized this theory by naming it after a player who famously won nothing in his career and who played for the Celtics' most traditional and hated rival.

The Ewing Theory is an indictment on the missing star as much (if not more so) as it is a tribute to the band of brothers (sisters) who pull together in his (her) absence.

Ewing played for the Lakers?

Mote seriously, I'm pretty sure the theory has been broadened in application beyond original meaning.

Ewing played for the Lakers?

Mote seriously, I'm pretty sure the theory has been broadened in application beyond original meaning.

Fair deuce on the Lakers. Having knocked around Boston in the late 80s and 90s, though, I will tell you: Celts fans may have hated the Knicks more than the Lakers.

I'm not down with the theory being broadened. It is what it was. And there's a hex embedded in there if you're choosing to cheer on your team by invoking it. Do we really want Eichel to be compared to Ewing? Donyell Marshall?

Just repent and be done with it, sir.

Nice hoodie.

I just realized I wore blue and gold socks to work today without thinking about it.

Although I do own many pairs of blue and gold dress socks...

Thanks! (It's actually just a long-sleeved shirt, but no matter.) I'll be listening to streaming audio since no way to watch tonight, but hoping for the best.

14741082_10207883361028406_932854572_n.j

haHA!

So this is the first season that I've worn a Sabres jersey first over Detroit. And they both play tonight. I've discussed it elsewhere in previous threads, but I think my allegiances are officially shifting. 

Hoping to invest in a new Sabres jersey this year. I feel a bit silly wearing my Ott one (in a few years it'll be funnier I think) and all the big ones that d4rk lets me steal leave me with little toothpick legs and swimming underneath. 

Anyone who reads Bill Simmons is already familiar with the Ewing theory, but for those who aren't: it's when a team loses its star player and inexplicably pulls together and is better without him. Let's do it.

My bold prediction:  Lehner stands on his head and earns the shutout, Sabres get two each from Samson and Kane, with Moulson, Gionta and Grant also scoring.  Sabres win a laugher 7-0.

haHA!

So this is the first season that I've worn a Sabres jersey first over Detroit. And they both play tonight. I've discussed it elsewhere in previous threads, but I think my allegiances are officially shifting.

Hoping to invest in a new Sabres jersey this year. I feel a bit silly wearing my Ott one (in a few years it'll be funnier I think) and all the big ones that d4rk lets me steal leave me with little toothpick legs and swimming underneath.

I love that Gilmour jersey because I bet a ton of people here hate it :p

haHA!

lol nice. My goathead fits similarly, and I thought I'd get weird looks at work wearing something that says Satan on the back.  :ph34r:

I love that Gilmour jersey because I bet a ton of people here hate it :P

Oh I know it. I almost stole your Khmylev jersey to wear today but I figured you'd kill me. 

lol nice. My goathead fits similarly, and I thought I'd get weird looks at work wearing something that says Satan on the back.  :ph34r:

Eh, it's halloween season

haHA!

Well since Ott now plays for the Wings, I think you are double covered.  Go for the Ott one..

Currently looking for the eye bleach... 

Why don't you just get her a Kozlov while we"re at it?  :sick:

haha it's all his. 

I have a Warrener jersey he got me, but it's a kid's size and while it fits for the most part, the logo and my ladylike chest protrusions do not get along too well. 

Well since Ott now plays for the Wings, I think you are double covered.  Go for the Ott one..

That's the problem!! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.