GDT: Montreal @ Buffalo, 7pm MSG, 10/13/2016

LGR4GM

I'm with you.

Not saying I agreed with him, but a Habs fan buddy thought they were lucky.

Eye of the beholder.

For as bad as that first period was supposed to have been, the shots ended up 8 - 6 in favor of Montreal, only, they didn't register a single shot in the last 11 minutes of that period. We had our chances.

It really wasn't as bad as all the hype (anti-hype?) on this board would have you believe.

For as bad as that first period was supposed to have been, the shots ended up 8 - 6 in favor of Montreal, only, they didn't register a single shot in the last 11 minutes of that period. We had our chances.

So analytics show we weren't as bad as what my brain relayed to me while watching the game huh? Lyin eyes again I guess cause what I saw was a complete, I say complete crapfest way to start a new season with high expectations at home.

Hey, just to cheer everyone up,  the Sabres collectively have 1 goal and 2 total assist points this season.      But Connor McDavid has 2 goals, and 3 total points, more than the entire Sabres roster.  Will the Sabres team collective offensive effort surpass Connor McDavid's individual stats by the end of Game 2?     :lol:

Well, we actually had 3 total points in the first game, a goal and two assists. But McDavid has 6 now, so we'll at least need to score a goal on Sunday, and try to keep McDavid off the board :lol:

Well, we actually had 3 total points in the first game, a goal and two assists. But McDavid has 6 now, so we'll at least need to score a goal on Sunday, and try to keep McDavid off the board :lol:

We'll have to start a "McDavid vs Sabres" tracker, so we can compare his individual offensive output to that of the Sabres team!    6 for Connor, 3 for the Sabres!   It's ON!!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

So analytics show we weren't as bad as what my brain relayed to me while watching the game huh? Lyin eyes again I guess cause what I saw was a complete, I say complete crapfest way to start a new season with high expectations at home.

Yes. Lyin' eyes. I have no idea what analytics says about that game. My eyes told me it wasn't that bad. Then again, I didn't have high expectation from that triage unit.

It wasn't Bylsma, it wasn't pairings or player usage, it wasn't "Because Buffalo" (God, I hate that whiner's war cry). It was injuries, plain and simple. There is not a team in the league that could have sustained the injuries we have this month and looked good in their opener.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.