Eichel injured in practice (10/12)

PASabreFan

My Wednesday just got shot to h-ll.

At least we have depth at center and RW.  Centers: ROR, Ennis, Reinhart, Girgensons, Larsson, Grant, and COR.  RW: Okposo (injured), Reinhart, Gionta, Fasching, Bailey, and Baptiste.

I'd move Reinhart to Jack's spot and recall Bailey or put Girgensons between Ennis and Sam and let Grant be the 4th line center. 

If we want a Stanley Cup, then we should be at least a playoff team without Jack. I'm still excited for the season and there should be plenty else to look forward to. When he returns (if he's even out) we'll be that much better.

We're going to be in, or close to, Playoff position, even if Jack misses months. When he comes back, we go on a run.

Or, he misses one game or a week, like Parayko did last year after having the same thing happen (screwed up ankle, scream, helped off ice) and we forget it happened before October ends.

It will be okay.

Nah. Just have to figure out whether it was Briere or Drury that cursed them. Personally, I'm running w/ Flutie's curse got transferred along w/ Brandon's promotion.

Faaaaack.

I'm guessing it was the ghost of Jean Beliveau because we got cocky about Carey Price not playing.

We're going to be in, or close to, Playoff position, even if Jack misses months. When he comes back, we go on a run.

Or, he misses one game or a week, like Parayko did last year after having the same thing happen (screwed up ankle, scream, helped off ice) and we forget it happened before October ends.

It will be okay.

If Lehner is a stud, we'll be okay. But if he's merely alright, I can't foresee playoffs as realistic if Eichel is out for half the year or more. Whole buncha burden just shifted to goal prevention.

Blues' Jaden Schwartz broke his ankle in practice in late October last year. He returned to play in mid-February.

I'm slowing winding one hand on the side of a closed fist ... when suddenly ... my middle finger slowly rises pointing at you.

:(

Am I reading this right?  Sabrespace is ready to jump off the figurative cliff and PA, Pi and yse are the three displaying the most optimism?  Am I in a dream right now??

Why shouldn't we be somewhat optimistic?  

1) We don't know how bad the injury is, for all we know it's badly sprained and he'll be back in 4 weeks or less.

2) Our team's greatest depth is up front with center and RW being extremely deep, and these are the two areas affected by this injury, especially if we move Reinhart to the middle.

3) With Jack and Okposo out we get to see two of our best prospects get a shot at the NHL in Fasching and Bailey.  Two guys I can think can score 20+ in the show and have speed, good hands, and physical games.  Isn't the goal bigger stronger faster?  These guys were going to have to make an impact sooner then later, so now it's sooner.

4) Also if we move Sam to the middle, we run with ROR, Reinhart, Larsson and Girgensons.  That's not a huge step down from ROR, Eichel Larsson and Girgensons.  

Bottomline: We aren't better without Jack, but to say this team is tank city without him is simply not true. 

Here is how a lineup might look if Jack is out long-term

Ennis ROR Okposo

Kane Reinhart Fasching

Foligno Larsson Gionta

Moulson Girgensons Bailey

That's not exactly a bad lineup.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN